• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's Your Favorite Iridium?

Will the shape of the lens (more concave or closer to flat) have an affect on the iridium coatings?

Many of the iridiums have a second color you get from light reflected at an angle. So I'd say flatter lenses get less of that.

Black followed closely by chrome. Note that I like all the iridium lenses I own and choosing a favorite is tough.

Last edited:
not sure if I posted in this thread, but since it's up here...

Of the Iridiums I've had substantial time with, I got
Jade>+Red and Ice>Black

Was very surprised with liking Jade. I guess the purplish tint makes it a very mild G30 lens with darker LT. And on the note of LT, it's the highest of what I've tried but it's easiest on my eyes in the brightest conditions. +Red feels the brightest for me. I personally think Ice is the best for color perception. There's something about Black Iridium that feels a bit empty next to Grey. I think the lack of contrast does make the eyes work harder in lower light conditions.

Ok, so spreadsheet OCD kicked in and I had to go through and assign points to each lens to see what the standings are. Allowing a scale of 5 for best through to 1 for 5th place (and averages for some who nominated more than 5 or had 2 lenses equal), it looks like:

Black 64
24k 54
Ice 47
Emerald 34
+Red 29
Fire 24
Gold 23
Ruby 17
Jade 16
Tungsten 15
VR28 black 14
OO black 8