• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your take on collectibility of Heritage frames?

So you are basically only allowed to 3 complete sets of each? That sounds pretty interesting. I can pretty much guarantee you if I was your customer you would see every single item of all 3 sets out just on me alone.
Yeah, I have to order it in a complete set of 9 and only allowed to order 3 sets. No reorders, so if I pass on the deal and don't order anything tomorrow I can never do it again.

I think they are a ripoff.
As I retailer I'm going to say "I don't quite agree" (lol, I think by contract I have to say that) but just speaking as me, an Oakley customer I just think $200 for some of them is a bit excessive. I think they're about $80 overpriced, and perhaps the Frogskins are $30 overpriced in my personal opinion. It's what makes me hesitant on buying a whole set. I mean for $200, you can take a pick from the "most" of the Oakley line.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to order it in a complete set of 9 and only allowed to order 3 sets. No reorders, so if I pass on the deal and don't order anything tomorrow I can never do it again.

As I retailer I'm going to say "I don't quite agree" (lol, I think by contract I have to say that) but just speaking as me, an Oakley customer I just think $200 for some of them is a bit excessive. I think they're about $80 overpriced, and perhaps the Frogskins are $30 overpriced in my personal opinion. It's what makes me hesitant on buying a whole set. I mean for $200, you can take a pick from the "most" of the Oakley line.
Then I guess the question would be as a retailer would you discount them to get them out the door?

You'll have to judge your need based on your clientele.

I think those pairs are more for the Enthusiast/Collector and not the every day "I need/want a pair for on my Vacation" ...

I think it takes a special kind of breed to actually wear the eye blades and the eye shades ...

You might find a buyer for one of each but i wouldn't go for much more than that on the retros...

Go nuts on the Frog Skins though... i think they'll sell like hot cakes, those colours are quite 'summer-y" and should sell out no prob!

I appreciate the idea but that would never work. We are open 7 days a week from 9am until midnight and located right on the shopping strip at the Oceanfront. Let's just say on any night of the week after 9pm it starts to get scary down there. I have been doing business down there for 12 years or so and it just gets real rough. Some times there are shootings, stabbings, etc. I have learned that if something isn't bolted down it will be stolen. It's a very rough crowd and on a Saturday night we can go from having an empty store at 7pm to having over 40 people in there all at once. It's not your typical families out walking the strip once the sun goes down. They would dispensary if left on a table within a few days.

I lived in Va Beach for about 2 years and still live in Hampton roads.$hit on tables is fair game, ive seen more than my fair share of folks walk right into Pac-sun ect and completely grab everything on the front table and run right out. Alot of these kids in the area of his shop are tourists and the chance of them ever being caught is slim and none, so the risk factor for them goes out the window. the fact that within a 1 block radius of his store there are quite a few parking lots that attract Lot Lizards/car clubs that think they are all in a Fast in a Furious movie and have nothing better to do but causing trouble.

I have never been in your shop but maybe your Oakley rep can get you one of the small Counter Display that you could put near a register or something?

MBnebtxl.jpg

ON a different note, When those shadow camo crankshafts come out im worried they will be a limited run in that colorway. If it is something you can get i would Def make a trip out there to get them from you.

Back