1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I was given these today by a friend. They were his every day shades until I sold him a pair of newer Straight Jackets about 6 months ago. He cleaned out his car before selling it and these came out from under a seat.

They now hold the title of "My Shittiest Shades".

The rubber is sticky, the frames have a few decent scratches in them, but the LENSES look like they've gone through a damn meat grinder.

What's your worst pair? - 2012-01-11212344.jpg

All of those marks are scratches, inside and out.

What's your worst pair? - 2012-01-11214240.jpg

What can be done with these? It seems a shame to throw them out, but even with new lenses and ear socks/nose bombs I'm not sure how much life the frames have in them.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Daammnnn....I can just shake my head in sorrow...I feel bad for those.
    I have a pair of oakley canteen's i sort of bought on impulse a few years ago. One they are way way to small for me, two they fit awful on me, three I think I look awful in them...plus i dropped em so they have a few dings'....im stuck with them. Can't really sell them because of the condition, they have new slate iridium lenses though.

Perhaps this thread could be called the 'Hall of Shame'

3. Rustpot

I'm sure someone would pick them up for the right price, especially for the lenses. I was thinking Dr Chop might have use for these. The Twenty doesn't really fit me right anyway.

I like the name change idea, though I can't edit it.

4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Well my worst pair i have in condition wise is a pair of polished black frogskins. They originally had the grey polarized lenses but they were all scratched. They didn't affect your vision unless you were looking at a screen or something that reflects the light back at you. some of the polarization was taken off and it didn't look good. I got a hook up for a set of free +Red lenses and the glasses look good now. Except for the frame. From far you can not see anything and they look amazing but when you are close looking for scratches you can see the infamous polished black scratches. The previous owner also dropped them quite a bit so you can feel the nicks on the top of the orbitals. Last but not least the legs are a little to stretched out for my head. I bought the frame to be an every day pair or to have them custom painted but the more i think about it the more its not worth the paint those frogskins. Its better to wait till i have the money and buy a pair of the polished black with grey for 90 bucks in the future and have them painted ( i was going to splatter them like the atoms).

5. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Nerd might be able to change the name of the thread for you if you want to change it.

6. yoshi1984

oh haha i tried selling them on here before but no one bit....had one guy but he gave me so much grief since he was overseas, thought i charged to much for shipping and overrall cost, im like, dude, im not shipping these to you for free...i think he lived in canada or somewhere...told him to screw off lol.

7. yoshi1984

Im not sure, are these the original twenty's? im not good with old school Oakley's hahaha.

8. Rustpot

Old School? I got a pair new off the shelf in 2004.

But yes, they are the XX Twenty.

Eckstream1 likes this.
  9. yoshi1984

lol...i tend to use the term old rather often and loosely :)

10. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Wow. None of my frames are in that kind of condition. The worst pair i have right now are my Retina Burn Jawbone lenses, which can be easily fixed.