• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Do You Think Sunglasses Are Expensive?

At what price do you consider sunglasses to be expensive?

• €100,- ($130,-)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • €200,- ($260,-)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • €300,- ($390,-)

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • €400,- ($520,-)

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • €500,- ($650,-)

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

http://www.juleye.nl
The Netherlands
Yesterday I had a discussion with someone about the price of sunglasses. Some people think a pair of €100,- ($130,-) is really expensive, while for others that is just a normal price and they think sunglasses are becoming expensive when they approach the €500 ($650,-) pricetag.

So I thought let's do a poll and see when you think sunglasses are becoming expensive.
I think most of us agree that sunglasses with a pricetag of €500,- are expensive, so I decided to go up to €500,- in the poll. If you don't agree, let it know :)

To me of course there is a certain price at which it is just too much. But of course that also depends on the model...

I said $260 because people (non-collectors) have become more accustomed to the $150 sunglasses, in the last couple years, as everything seems to get more expensive. Of course there are those people who wouldn't spend much more then that on a bicycle.

I wouldn't really want to go above $390 on a pair of glasses & that includes OTT's. The only one I have paid more for are my Pit Boss as I paid full retail from The O shop in the Florida Mall but at the time they hadn't been out long & I really REALLY wanted a pair.

for me heeem A pair of Radar Path & a Frogskins the price would be just right if its higher i think it would be expensive

I have really nothing wrong with buying a pair of glasses below the 390 mark. I just have to save up my money like the rest of you guys. I see a lot of what I buy at the higher price point as an investment really, and in time, I'll have something really kick ass to show my students when I get my teaching degree, and something cool to show to my kids when that time comes around. I like having a piece of history like Oakley, no matter what the (reasonable) cost.

$300 is really my limit these days, which is hard considering all the things I want are starting to land in that area. :(

I'm a struggling college student though so my priorities might be a little different.

$300 is really my limit these days, which is hard considering all the things I want are starting to land in that area. :(

I'm a struggling college student though so my priorities might be a little different.

I'm a junior in college. Full time student. I've built my entire collection while in school

That being said, I still do mostly trades and most of the money that bought my collection came from buying and selling glasses

I'm on the low end. I think $100 is expensive. I'm pretty frugal and I don't let my Oakley collection put any sort of ding into my finances. Plus the thrill of the hunt is finding a LNIB pair for $50. That pair I would cherish more than popping over to eBay and shelling out $500 for the same pair. I get that there's a price to play in this, and I've spent over $100 several times, but in the end I didn't enjoy having those (X-metals) very much. Not that the X-metals aren't worth it, but it just feels like it's more than I want tied up into one piece I can only enjoy so much before I just start to worry about stressing the hinges and flexcoupler.

As much as I'd like a Pitboss I/II, I just don't think I'd be able to enjoy it as much as some of my less expensive pairs.

Latest Posts

Back