• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Has Oakley Pleasantly Surprised You?

I was originally accepting my EV Zero's with a bit of reluctance when I heard others' opinions while it was on my way, but in use it was undeniably one of my favorite pairs to wear.

Once I got the AF pads, I'm very convinced that a used PB2 is one of the best deals to be had, packaged as both a fancy and functional pair. I originally wanted one just to have, but that shifted into enjoying it for use. Was gonna go blog mode on that for a retro review, but it may seem excessive.

After the Ten (X) was a tough fit, I didn't expect the Jawbone to work for me, but even if I have to use regular pads, it actually did.

I sat on VR28 BI because OO BI and Prizm Daily came out as presumed successors, but drawing back to older posts and seeing a set on discount, I bit the bullet and they become an instant favorite.

Fire was nowhere near as bad as I anticipated. It's weird, if anything. I expected more of a greenish tint but it works like yellow in use. Kinda stretches use into low light.

Prizm Outfield kinda surprised me. It's pretty versatile and like Road. Believe Dann at O-Review said the essential difference is the iridium. Road uses +Red's finish and Outfield uses Torch's. Wouldn't be surprised if they shared the same base.

Last edited:
This isnt exactly a criticism either. Just because they havent exceeded my expectations lately doesnt mean they havent met them.
Okay. Just meeting expectation isn't a horrible thing.

But I was hoping for a tinge of anger and scorn lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1.) Hijinx actually. When they first came out, I looked at them as yet another badly made, oversized fashion frame.

Then I started collecting the Artist Series and soon started wearing the Koziks and Chantry's for a laugh and ended up loving the fit and coverage.

Now I'm definitely a convert - added the Bruce Irons, Soviet and Stephen Murray frames and the Hijinx has become a bit of a staple in the daily rotation along with my Fuelies.

2.) Carbon Shift - did a trade for the Matte Black/Daily Prizm Polarized and loved these from the moment I first put them on.

Back