• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

When Is It Too Much?

Dude, I couln't agree more with you man... having kids is awesome! and yep, 9K for sunglasses is crazy, I would rather spend that money with my mini mes

Kids....little life changers, aren't they? LOL! I can't wait to start teaching my keikis all the things that daddy learned when I was a kid...fishing, diving, surfing and just exploring everything...after all, we live in Paradise! Yup, I gladly spend money to see my kids happy!

this C-Six is up for a while - i don't think he will get the money for that even with the low serial. . . those are still available for 4K somewhere in the world!

Is it hard to get that frame or something? My local Oakley store on the mall has a pair at retail price $1500. Maybe I should get themif they sell for 4-9k online!

I once crunched the numbers, including tax benefits, of having kids (I have two) and its not as much a drain as you might think. And I'm not one of those parents that will pay for eithers higher education...when they're 18, they're off the parents dime. I know....ogre parent-but I worked full time, got married and raised a child all while pulling straight A's at a top 10 university...if I can do it, they can. I will say this, while its cool owning the awesome sunglasses I do, there's nothing like having a 5 year old version of yourself who looks exactly like you say they love you...you have to experience it, when you do, changes your life

Not for us- I do not especially like babies/young kids around me.. but I agree there's no comparing human life to glasses...9K! I had to sell stuff just to get the OCP Flaks I got as I usually never pay more than 110 for any glasses

@bad fishy
we are talking about the carbon C-Six (retail US$4000)! not the aluminum which you have seen in the store - the aluminum is just US$1500

before i spend 9K for a pair i would do some phonecalls. . . an than i will found one for 4k and would buy TWO :laugh:

I think I'll pass on the kids and glasses Can't afford either one in this lifetime

LOL, that's cool. I thought I couldn't afford kids before we actually had them, it really isn't that bad. The $9K glasses on the other hand....just ridiculous :rolleyes:.

Back