1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If I were in the market for a Romeo, what would I expect to pay? Knowing that I don't need to jump at the first deal I see.

A good X Metal frame, no box, chopped lenses. Nothing special, just a solid pair to wear.

$450? $550? $600?

I'm doing some looking and most of what I'm seeing are on opposite ends - complete pairs, rare pairs or trashed and need repairs. Nothing like what I described.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I've got pretty much the same thing on my list for down the road and I'm expecting to pay around $600. I'm curious what other replies you get here.

3. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

In the UK... Anything over £300 and beyond.

About the most expensive X Metal at moment other than Mars.

discostu likes this.
  4. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

a mint pair of x metal black iridium should be around $450 to a little less than $600, and this is without coin or box and with MINT x metal etched lenses. this is from my POV anyway. higher prices are simply too much and totally not worth it.

5. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

I agree, most of what I'm finding out there is overpriced pairs of R1's that need lenses, new rubber, and likely screws. A mint pair with etched x metal lenses will be hard to come by in the lower range of $450.

6. Rustpot

I'm not interested in mint. And update pair for daily wear - chopped lenses, rubber swap, whatever.

7. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

8. Rustpot

9. Dantes

Dantes Oakley Expert

In my experience MINT x metal etched lenses are very very rare. They almost always have cracks at the joints and of course most have small scratches. The X-metal frame is very durable though, it's almost always in like new mint condition after some cleaning.

10. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

actually, i beg to differ. i have just recently been getting some r1s off the bay. but i definitely scrutinize and ask for the seller to check the lenses AND to post clear pics. i have two ti r1s on the way to me now. and i just got 2 x metal r1s also in mint condition (x metal etched lenses with no crack and negligible scratches) in the last two months.
    you just really have to look. and actually, out of the 20 plus r1s that i got over the course of 2 years, 90% were from ebay and the 10% from the forum. all are mint with x metal etched lenses.
    once i see that the r1 has after market lenses, i automatically am not interested...