1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Clay

Clay Oakley Beginner

Local store has what I call the x-metal style case, single wide, but won't sell. Say they don't own it so they can't sell it.

So if that's true where the heck do these come to the open market?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I bought my last single wide case from a retail store. They said after the they stopped dealing with Oakley the rep never came back and picked up the case or display items. It sat there for 7 years before I came along and asked about older Oakley products. Yesterday I stopped at another retail store and even though they don't' have x-metal anymore they had a bunch of x-metal stands and display items but they refused to sell anything to me. Just luck of the draw I guess.

3. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Craigslist

atrain and i am rich like this.
  4. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

All but one of mine have been from Retail Stores.
    I have 5

5. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Craigslist. Bought it from a guy that liquidated all of the display materials from a closed surf shop

6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Hours on the phone, beating the streets and putting the time in. I think I have 10 now.

Dyeraudio likes this.
  7. THEBAD1

THEBAD1 Oakley Enthusiast

Like GRF said (hours on the phone, beating the streets and putting the time in) I have had no luck with retail stores. EBay & Craigslist is where I've got mine...last case was an weekend trip and 12hours of driving!

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have got 3 off eBay and one on craigslist, You can usually get them real cheap off craigslist most of the time. You might have to travel to get it.

9. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

Ebay and local classifieds. One retailer arrogantly brushed off my inquiry to purchase the display. I thought it was a simple question...

10. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Craigslist is prob your best bet, its luck like someone said.Ive been lucky to get a Countertop and Double Wide.