1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MChou

MChou Oakley Beginner

Hey guys I have a pair of Oakley Jupiter Factory Lites, and they were my daily drivers. At this point, the hinges of the sunglasses have completely worn out. I have brought them to a couple oakley store to be tightened, but unfortuneatly its at the point where tightening doesn't do anything. I've contacted Oakley and they've replied to me with:

"Thank you for contacting us. The Jupiter Factory Lite model has been discontinued for quite some time now and replacement parts are no longer available."

I was wondering if you guys no anywhere I can find parts or is anyone willing to sell them?

Love these sunglasses, but too scared to wear them :c
    Currently wearing my Tincan Carbons instead.

Sunglasses are at the point where the left frame leg is wobbling up and down too.....I've currently put them in a storage box to prevent further damage, until I can figure out what to do....

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Your best bet would be to find a cheap pair on eBay. It's rare to find individual parts for sale, but it does happen.

3. MChou

MChou Oakley Beginner

oh i see Thanks, really loved these pairs, was kinda bummed, thanks for the tip!

4. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

The JFL is one of my favorites as well. Oakley took a step backwards when they released the Jupiter Carbon. What colorway do you have that needs replacement parts?
    6pm has the brushed aluminum/ice polar pair available for $140.
    Oakley Jupiter Factory Lite Polarized - 6pm.com

5. MChou

MChou Oakley Beginner

I have this pair, the polarized with black and red carbon fiber. The parts that need to be replaced isn't the frame. It more like the spacers and the screws need to be replaced, the ones holding at the hinge.

Where can I find Replacement Parts for Jupiter Factory Lites? - jupiter_fe.jpg

6. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Why do they need to be replaced?
    Are they stripped?
    Do they not stay in?

AFAIK those frames aren't user serviceable... And you may need new carbon arms

7. MChou

MChou Oakley Beginner

They Screws dont seem to be stripped, but the spacers seem to be bent or rubbed out. Having further inspection, using a macro lens, is it possible that the holes around the lens frame have widened?

8. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Time to buy another pair from an Authorized Dealer or from some trusted classifieds

Or

Hop into your nearest O Store and try on some new frames... Like the Jupiter Carbon

9. painkiller

painkiller Oakley Beginner

Ill take the lenses off your hands,sell them to me

10. chrissss

chrissss Oakley Beginner

Send me your screw on the other side, I lost one of mine....