• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Do These Auction Site Sellers Get An Endless Supply Of Nwot And Slightly Used

OpinionatedOakley

Oakley Expert
There are half a dozen sellers on ebay that have sold thousands of nwot and slightly used without tags glasses. Does Oakley dump the trade-ins they take on these guys to be re-sold?

Some of them mention they were "display" pieces. My guess is they were literally the display pieces from stores and can't be sold by retail stores and end up on the secondary market somehow or another.

i just got a Midnight/Gold minute 2.0 this way for $54 and it did not seem handled at all and even tho I am down to few pairs I am very picky abt that.. Often they mention if it was display One excellent seller in particular is VERY accurate...not sure where they come from... SGH?

An outlet for display glasses dumped by a retailer sounds the most logical. I asked one of these sellers the same question and they didn't respond, but did add my account to their blocked bidders list. I guess so I can't see where they ship from. I found that odd, and the defensiveness sparked my curiosity further.

I swear total_O pumps out more monster dogs than every other eBay seller combined

Total_O has been a seller of authentic Os forever. He used to sell some of the rarest stuff ever, some stuff never even on the market such as one offs etc. He doesn't seem to have access to it anymore, but he did recently sell a Monster Dog with negative red iridium lenses.....uber rare!

An outlet for display glasses dumped by a retailer sounds the most logical. I asked one of these sellers the same question and they didn't respond, but did add my account to their blocked bidders list. I guess so I can't see where they ship from. I found that odd, and the defensiveness sparked my curiosity further.

Odd that they blocked you after asking a questions but as for the defensiveness, I guess if they told everyone where they got their stock from they would probably lose business because we'd all then try and do what they do.

What I am more curious about is how sellers have a lot of the Acid Orange Tortoise Frogskins for sale on eBay. There aren't on Oakley's website and the release is supposed to be months away so how do they have stock? And not just one or two, but 10 at a time? And why only the Acid Orange Tortoise and not any of the others in the range?

Total_O has been a seller of authentic Os forever. He used to sell some of the rarest stuff ever, some stuff never even on the market such as one offs etc. He doesn't seem to have access to it anymore, but he did recently sell a Monster Dog with negative red iridium lenses.....uber rare!

-red iridium ?
never heard of that, does it even exist?

Back