• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where do u buy ur lights

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Switching from halogen to led and can't seem to find them cept online. This is for the 3.0 black cases. Also on the spine case is there a similar upgrade?

You gotta do some work bro the spine cases impossible to find I've been there the bulbs easy to replace its t8 wedge type the long halogen at the button good luck I've tried no luck so I upgraded mines to LEDs you gotta do some work. The black the halogens long bulbs are easy I've got a black single I went to Home Depot and got the 18 inch halogens the bulbs easy to find on eBay.

You gotta do some work bro the spine cases impossible to find I've been there the bulbs easy to replace its t8 wedge type the long halogen at the button good luck I've tried no luck so I upgraded mines to LEDs you gotta do some work. The black the halogens long bulbs are easy I've got a black single I went to Home Depot and got the 18 inch halogens the bulbs easy to find on eBay.

The halogen bulbs that many cases shipped with are powered by transformers that step the voltage down from 120VAC to 12VAC for the halogen bulbs.
LED's require what's called a "driver" which steps down and converts 120VAC to 12VDC. So the main difference is that halogens like AC voltage and LEDs like DC voltage.
LED drivers and electronic halogen transformers are not interchangeable. Oakster had a pile of the OEM LED retrofit bulbs that have drivers built-in that convert the 12VAC to 12VDC and drive the bulbs without an external LED driver :
For Sale - Oakley LED Replacement Lights | Oakley Forum
If its a new install with no existing transformer or the tranformer is bad and won't supply voltage I use these that include external LED drivers and usually buy like 10 at a time since they are so cheap:
Cool White 3W 3LED Recessed Ceiling Downlight Bulb Lamp Wall Lamp 85 265V | eBay
LED Cool White 3W Recessed Ceiling Down Spot Light Bulb Lamp 85V 265V AC | eBay
Hope this helps!

I have 4 and 6 packs of the LED ones that Oakley uses for 3.0 cases if anyone needs.

Oakster had a pile of the OEM LED retrofit bulbs that have drivers built-in that convert the 12VAC to 12VDC and drive the bulbs without an external LED driver
I have 4 and 6 packs of the LED ones that Oakley uses for 3.0 cases if anyone needs.
And there he is!

I actually exist again - hope to be back on OF a little more regularly!

I missed it too! Life has been just crazy (all in good ways) which has just meant less time for "me" stuff.

Latest Posts

Back