• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Do You Display Your Case?

Where do you display your case?

• public living area

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • private living area

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
Actually, they can. The bulbs I put in have like 16 different shades of colors that can brighten or dim, and of course flash in random patterns. I have a little remote to control them. They're pretty neat, but I usually just keep the lights white. My kids like to make the lights go crazy though :crazy:.

Is that the Ikea stuff?

So I'm seeing a lot of "not in the main room because the wife doesn't like it" posts. Certainly a valid point. For me, I'd prefer it downstairs (in a fairly discreet corner) mostly to make it easy to grab / switch pairs going in and out the house. But my concern with that is every numbwad that comes over for whatever reason has the opportunity to "case" my case, as it were. Too many stories here about theft... But in the bedroom, that's kinda too out of the way. Dunno...

Nah, I found them on eBay a while back.

Are they the ones that are printed on the self-adhesive strips?

I'm asking because I eyeballed those self-adhesive ones (I think on amazon, not ebay) last fall, was thinking of backlighting several things. I ultimately passed because there were too many reviews where portions of the strip burned out, I'm talking browned paper, and I was concerned about the fire hazard. Mass-produced in China...

Then I saw the ikea ones and they looked better / safer but I never got anything. Yet...

Are they the ones that are printed on the self-adhesive strips?

I'm asking because I eyeballed those self-adhesive ones (I think on amazon, not ebay) last fall, was thinking of backlighting several things. I ultimately passed because there were too many reviews where portions of the strip burned out, I'm talking browned paper, and I was concerned about the fire hazard. Mass-produced in China...

Then I saw the ikea ones and they looked better / safer but I never got anything. Yet...
I put nice LED strips from Superbrightleds on the bottom under the white panel, and inside the top behind the Oakley signage, in which the intensity can be adjusted. The 6 bulbs pointing down from the top are the ones that change colors and can flash. Those came from eBay. These are all powered by a power supply that also came from Superbrightleds. In the near future, I may add more light like the LED rope lights that @CarGuy and a few others have used, and these REALLY show the collection off. I find I still need some more light in my display. That's partly due to so much stuff being in there and the light not being able to reach the middle shelves. I need light directed from the top, bottom, and the sides. My power supply will handle it all too :).

I put both of my cases in my bedroom. I spend my time in there and I am the only one who enjoys the collection.

Latest Posts

Back