• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where do you wear your Oakley's when they're not on your face?

Those stands are sweet for the shelf and they display nice. I'm curious what guys do with their shades when they are out and about. I've historically have been awful to my Oaks because of where I end up sticking them when I'm not wearing them and just seeing if other guys have found any great fool proof method. :)

Wearing x-metals pretty much exclusively, when I go out they end up on top of my head when I go inside / it gets dark out. They stay there pretty well unless they need a tuneup.

At the office I have a single tier on my desk to keep them from scraping / banging around the desktop. It amuses some co-workers but they can go f**k themselves for all I care.

My 2nd carry pair are in their MF bag, either in an undisclosed location of my truck or in a soft vault in the appropriate pocket of my backpack.

At home they are all on stands, plastic ones so I don't have to keep folding / unfolding the hinges every time I put them on / take them off. If I'm at home and going in and out a lot, I have a separate single tier from my normal display for the pair I'm wearing that day.

Happened to me back it 98 with my first pair of Romeo's. Definitely the worst part of my Oakley collecting experience. Left them on a lunch table at work, went back to my cubicle and realized I left them. Went back about 5 minutes later and they were nowhere to be found. Damn...

That happened to me once. I used to put my glasses inside a bag and set them on the table. This occasion I forgot them at the table. Didn't realize until I got home. Immediately called the restaurant, they were already closed. Called the next day and they said they are not here but call tonight when the same manager as last night will be here.

I called and he said there is nothing here. Maybe the next family sat down and took them. Long story short, I knew that was a lie. Raised some hell, next thing I know my glasses were magically there.

I learned my lesson, never do I place them down at the table again. Next time I might not be that lucky.

Now they either stay in the car or inside my wife's purse.

That happened to me once. I used to put my glasses inside a bag and set them on the table. This occasion I forgot them at the table. Didn't realize until I got home. Immediately called the restaurant, they were already closed. Called the next day and they said they are not here but call tonight when the same manager as last night will be here.

I called and he said there is nothing here. Maybe the next family sat down and took them. Long story short, I knew that was a lie. Raised some hell, next thing I know my glasses were magically there.

I learned my lesson, never do I place them down at the table again. Next time I might not be that lucky.

Now they either stay in the car or inside my wife's purse.

You got real lucky that a little hell raising found your Oaks. Usually a little hell raising only raises some hell, but you end up SOL...

i always keep them on my face OR, in the pouch, in the vault, in the bag/wife's bag. wearing them on your head leaves a chance for it to scratch on your hairs, leave oil residue on the inner lens or worse, come in contact with something that will knock the oaks off your head and onto the concrete.

i always keep them on my face OR, in the pouch, in the vault, in the bag/wife's bag. wearing them on your head leaves a chance for it to scratch on your hairs, leave oil residue on the inner lens or worse, come in contact with something that will knock the oaks off your head and onto the concrete.

I've never had a problem with the inner surface being messed up by my hair / oils, and there's been plenty of opportunity...

But yeah, that's why my plasma / BIP Juliets are my main travel pair - I can't count the number of times I've had them on my head and, despite best efforts, winced while knocking them on the ceiling or the overhead bins on a plane, getting on and off... luckily it's usually the frame (x-metal is tougher than a plane's plastic interior) but I've marked up some lenses...

That's one of the reasons why BIP is my main travel pair - aside from being timeless in style and a great substitute sleep shade, I've got a f'-load of OEM replacement BIP lenses, rivaled (in my replacement stock) only by ice ir polar... and you can still buy replacement BIPs...

I've read a lot that most of you guys put your oaks on top of your head?? I would never do that again since I had a bad experience on putting them on top of my head. My 1st pair had a bubble and eventually the lens starts to peel off because of the sweat that evaporates and builds up moisture on my lens, since you can't reach and clean the far edge part, the sweat stays there and eventually will ruined the inner coating.

Latest Posts

Back