• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Else To Get Icons For Racing Jacket? (Oakley Reps No Help)

horn05

Oakley Beginner
I have bought 2 pairs of icons from the Oakley stores in my area. But none carry blue (yet they advertise a blue color). So I called Oakley....

......and first guy didn't have any idea what a replacement icon was, barely knew what the racing jacket is....and said he can' find a part number. He basically browsed the website and found nothing (like I told him already). Put me on hold then he explained how it replaced the jawbone (duh) and since it is new they haven't built a big enough inventory yet and aren't selling them. But he suggested I maybe use some old jawbone icons...I hung up....

I called back and got a girl, and she tells me you have to order a full frame to get different icons. I explained again that the stores sell them so how can the main office not have a part number?! This blows my mind that they don't know what they are talking about and possibly they don't carry what the stores do. /rant over

I am thinking of just painting some icons I have. What would I use to paint....spray, brush? (Sorry this may belong in the modding forum).

I know that we carry Racing Jacket icons at my vault, but I've honestly haven't made much attention to the colors we have in stock. I have never sold a Racing Jacket OCP, since we still offer the Jawbone OCP and its on sale. I can check it out when I go in tomorrow, and let you know what colors my store has available, and if possible I'll get you a part number for the blue icons you are looking for.

^Much appreciated! I actually custom made my RJ at the Vault near me. I have been trying to collect non-vented lenses since they are discontinuing.....just old jawbone non-vented remain out there.

Blue isn't a color they've released as a part. As of right now, you'd have to order a complete set.

psh- real racing jackets should have jet intake hole icons, no fuss!

Haha jokes aside, yup painting with a spray works a treat. Ive also seen it done with nail polish- for those who want sparkle in their icons i guess but those came out nice too.

I know that we carry Racing Jacket icons at my vault, but I've honestly haven't made much attention to the colors we have in stock. I have never sold a Racing Jacket OCP, since we still offer the Jawbone OCP and its on sale. I can check it out when I go in tomorrow, and let you know what colors my store has available, and if possible I'll get you a part number for the blue icons you are looking for.

Just curious...how much are the Jawbone OCP builds going for? All of my local stores had to ship out their Jawbone inventory when they switched over to RJ. Plus, mine never had icons or customizable ear socks :(

Just curious...how much are the Jawbone OCP builds going for? All of my local stores had to ship out their Jawbone inventory when they switched over to RJ. Plus, mine never had icons or customizable ear socks :(
Around $210 for the non polarized lenses last time I checked.

Depends on what lens combination you want. With two Iridium Non-Polarized lenses its $159, with two iridium polarized lenses I think its around $209.
And stores couldn't do custom icons for the Jawbone in store because the icons are glued in, they aren't removable like on the RJ. And we only recently got Split Jacket/Jawbone Earsocks around the end of last year.

^Much appreciated! I actually custom made my RJ at the Vault near me. I have been trying to collect non-vented lenses since they are discontinuing.....just old jawbone non-vented remain out there.

No Blue Icons yet...I'll keep an eye out for you. And I'm not sure how many non-vented lenses we have for the Jawbone/Racing Jacket. We usually end up selling the OCP Jawbones with Racing Jacket lenses due to the better color selection.

^Thanks.
I built my RJ with non-polar for $200 flat. They have every icon you can think of except blue, so weird. And ya most every store now only has vented lenses. Oakley site still shows Jawbone lenses vented/non....I had to call to order though. RJ lenses online are all vented now.

Back