• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where has the lens simulator gone?

rip

Oakley Beginner
Oakley's website used to have a lens simulator. I don't think they valued it much because I could only find it from a Google search.
I was hoping to find that the Prizm range of lenses would be added soon, but it looks like Oakley have removed it.

Why??? Is was easily the most informative thing on there when looking for a suitable lens.

I've tried visiting London's Oakley store earlier this month but they claim that they can't get hold of any Prizm lenses at all yet. :(

I agree it would be nice to have that back. I get frustrated with their lack of detail on all the different lenses. Kinda surprised their website isn't better for their size company.

I loved the way their site used to be, not so much any more, and on my phone, forget it. The menus mostly accommodate a mobile screen but a lot of the pictures for comparisons get cut off at the halfway point....

Oakley's website used to have a lens simulator. I don't think they valued it much because I could only find it from a Google search.
I was hoping to find that the Prizm range of lenses would be added soon, but it looks like Oakley have removed it.

Why??? Is was easily the most informative thing on there when looking for a suitable lens.

I've tried visiting London's Oakley store earlier this month but they claim that they can't get hold of any Prizm lenses at all yet. :(
While not the former simulator Oakley had, here are a few comprehensive lenses tint charts and miscellaneous information. Most of the newer stuff since the Prizm release are not yet update in these as of yet.

Oakley Sunglass Lenses Types - Oakley Sunglasses, Goggles, Glasses
Oakley Prescription Technology and Information | Everything You Need to Know About Oakley Prescription Eyewear | SaltCityOptics
Oakley Sunglasses Buyer's Guide and Reviews

I agree it would be nice to have that back. I get frustrated with their lack of detail on all the different lenses. Kinda surprised their website isn't better for their size company.
Yeah if you look at the jobs Oakley corporate is looking for, its a lot of website-based positions

While not the former simulator Oakley had, here are a few comprehensive lenses tint charts and miscellaneous information. Most of the newer stuff since the Prizm release are not yet update in these as of yet.

Oakley Sunglass Lenses Types - Oakley Sunglasses, Goggles, Glasses
Oakley Prescription Technology and Information | Everything You Need to Know About Oakley Prescription Eyewear | SaltCityOptics
Oakley Sunglasses Buyer's Guide and Reviews

That's really useful...for the lenses it covers. It looks like typical manufacturer's information, but why should we have to go to a retailer's website to find this sort of thing?

Yeah if you look at the jobs Oakley corporate is looking for, its a lot of website-based positions

So maybe there will be some changes in this area?

Guys, guys, the proper way to do this is just go buy all the lenses and compare them in person ;p

These tools are ok as far as they go but they're no substitute for first-hand experience. Sensibly, you don't buy them all, but you go to a local retailer and try on all the different lenses they have. Can't say I'm always sensible when it comes to lens buying...

you go to a local retailer and try on all the different lenses they have. Can't say I'm always sensible when it comes to lens buying...
I agree & visited Oakley's Covent Garden store last month to compare lenses. I thought it would be the best place in the UK to compare lenses.
It was a complete waste of time. Their stock of lenses was so poor that they only had 1 of the 3 lenses I wanted to try. 1 of these was a Prizm too.
You would think they would ensure their own stores would be able to promote their new products. Apparently not. :(

I thought I was the only one that noticed it was gone. What is Oakley thinking? Is there a way for us to demand it comes back along with info for all the new Prizm lenses?

Latest Posts

Back