• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where Or How Do You Find Your Rare Display Items?? Not Glasses.

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I am talking about stuff like the bomb trophy or any type of statues like that. I was just looking on Ebay and there is a pair of R1's listed and in the background is some kind of Oakley statue. I am just curious if anyone is willing to share how to find such rare items?

maybe instead of where I should have said how? I search ebay all day long and never come up with anything out of the ordinary.

Lol keywords is the hard part. I did pick ip the oakley head off here that I thought was cool.

something like this is what I am referring to. I stole this picture.

oakleystatue_zpscf75ef28.jpg

Yea I saw that. Idk if thats a oakley issued item. He is overseas so no telling. U make a offer?

Some people get lucky and the cool items fall in their lap. Others spend hours, days, weeks, months, years building relationships with others to someday get a chance to snag the goods.

no I didn't make an offer on these. I would have if the statue was included but it's not. Just recently bought two pair of R1's just like these.

I would say it's 10% connections, 10% patience, and 80% luck.

One piece of advice I would give to anyone is that if you're dealing with someone, it never hurts to ask "do you have any other Oakley stuff". As some of you know, I recently acquired 2 sets of white text Gascans from 2 separate people. They were never listed for sale... both were "do you have any other Oakley stuff". My best haul to date was a batch of stuff that included a pewter die cast of which there were 100 made. It began as a very random kijiji listing. Upon reply, the seller was a real estate agent... figured what the hell and asked if she had anything else and as it turns out she was a rep way back in the day. She was too busy to list things, so we sorted out a deal for everything she had. It never hurts to ask!!

Back