• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where The Millionaires At?

Most ive paid for frogs are $100. I wouldn't go higher because there is nothing else I've seen that I would want

Do you guys honestly think Frogskins fit into the current Oakley image and lineup? Let's look at the Radarlock and then the Frogskins. :rolleyes:

I get that retro styles are "in" but honestly that's why Oakley made the Holbrook and Jupiter Squared which have vast improvements over the Frogskins.

I cannot justify making purchases on any pairs that hold premiums... only because i do have bills to pay,along with a daughter and wife
to take care of and keep a roof on their head. When i was younger and had expendable cash, i had over 20 pairs of $400 jeans, over 45 pairs of shoes ranging from $300-$1200. And i'd spend about $200 on a single t-shirt. So...i can't complain or talk down to anyone who does purchase limited editions or things that carry premiums after release. If i had my current income, and was without a family, that would leave me with plenty expendable income. And probably several towers filled to the brim with Limited Release pairs... So... to each their own! However, at this current time in my life, i have more important things to spend my cash on!

that doesn't mean i don't pick up sunnies whenever i have a chance... or can sneak a couple bills from the wife! lol.

I not have 8 pairs on frog the most i've paid is £130 for a pair best deal i've got was the 2 acid pairs i got in today @ £52.50 each i just cut do it and pay sill money for plastic shades i just can't do it no matter how bad i want a pair of matts reds lol...Then again i don't like to pay retail for anything walk look around for the best deal or ask for a deal they can only say no (good god i sound like a cheap ass lol)

I think where people really get in trouble is when they get hooked on the Oakley time machine and get crazy to pick up pairs that are no longer in production. If you are 'in the game' all along, it is a whole lot easier to pick up the pairs that catch your eye and you will enjoy. It was fun to snag a Petterson when they were available at some random shops. But then gets out of hand when folks are willing to pay $2k for the same pair after they are long gone.

Not that anything is wrong with the passion and enthusiasm that folks have as they learn more about the brand and start finding out about all the gems that are out there. It just becomes a near impossibility to roll back the hands of time to get those pairs ... without paying out the kazoo sometimes.

Do you guys honestly think Frogskins fit into the current Oakley image and lineup? Let's look at the Radarlock and then the Frogskins. :rolleyes:

I get that retro styles are "in" but honestly that's why Oakley made the Holbrook and Jupiter Squared which have vast improvements over the Frogskins.
They have had the Radar since 2007, yet are still making the M Frame, which has been around for over 20 years (in 3 generations). The Frogskins-Holbrook deal is no different. They still sell (even though the quality is going down and quantity up), they have always sold, and they will continue to make them until they do not. If Oakley still made OTT's, they wouldn't fit in with anything, but people on here would still want them, and deservedly so, they are sweet.

IMO - the question was directed to people that pay a lot of their paycheck on frogskins. I don't think he wanted to know why some people think Oakley should stop making them or why they should continue. They sell and that's all that matters.

To answer the OP, I have never paid over retail on any pair and quite frankly I usually get them 50% off retail at my friends store so to see them go for even $200 is fcuking stupid in my mind. That's just me though. I don't think there is value in them whatsoever..I just like them. Enough said.

PEOPLE People people...
Listen, we are all collectors and this has been beat to death on many occasions. When collecting anything the item you seek is worth what you are willing to pay for it, everyone has their own taste and opinion on whats hot and whats not. I collect 4-5 other things besides Oakley, I bet a lot of you have other collections as well and if you do you know that the value is in the item not the price. Its an individuals own perception at the time of purchase, because I can honestly say over half of the items I have collected I would have paid whatever the seller asked (within reason) because "I wanted it". Do I ever stop a purchase because I am worried about resale value? NO, because when I buy it I don't plan to sell it... Sure sometimes things happen and items are sold and its great if you get to see a profit, but if there isn't any I make a decision to keep or sell at that point and im not upset about it because I got to enjoy it while I had it. For Christs sake people collect rocks and pay good money for them, but I got a backyard full of them they can have for free if they just asked....

Back