• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where to buy Polarized Ice Iridium for Flak Jacket

so I just got the ones from Amazon (3rd party seller but has Prime) last night, and they seem good as far as I can tell. It did not have the "P" sticker (which I'm not sure if lenses even come with those), but it does have "Polarized" etched on one of the lenses.

The box is weird though, the item description/bar code said "Flak Jacket XLJ Polarized Lenses" but it did not specifically say they were the Ice Iridium color. I compared them against my Black Iridium Polarized though, and darkness is very similar, which from what I read should be the same. So I guess they are the correct lenses, and not "Deep Blue", "Shallow Blue", or any of the other blues.

Anyone know if the box really is like that, that it does not print the lens tint?

Also, the box has some scotch tape on it to seal one side of the box, which seems to be put on there to close it back up like it was returned before, or maybe to keep the label from peeling of?

Anyways, condition wise I don't see any visible scratches on it so I guess I'm good with them.

Lol. I offered up a set also

hey thanks for the offer. I unfortunately do not have access to the Exchange forum yet earlier this week when I was looking for these lenses, so I did not consider looking for them there.

How do you like the ice iridium for your flaks? I used to have a pair for my half jackets but my brother all but destroyed them. I'm a huge sucker for contrast lenses, but can't remember how the vlt was through the ice iridium polarized

they are awesome. I have the Ice lenses for my Flaks discussed in this thread. I also recently bought a pair of Chainlinks with Ice lenses. They cut down the brightness from the sun a lot, and they are very much like my black iridiums.

please correct me if I'm wrong though, since I'm still a newbie, but I was thinking the Ice lenses, since they are gray based, are more neutral than contrast lenses?

They are neutral, you're correct. I have ridiculously light-sensitive eyes so I like/need dark lenses to see without squinting(example, it's raining with almost no sun now and my glasses are on and it's enough I'm not squinting) but I really like contrast lenses. I've got vr28 black iridium polarized and I'm trying to find less vlt but still contrast

Back