1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. roscoposco

roscoposco Oakley Beginner

Hello,

Recently my Oakley Radars somehow lost one of the Hinge Pins on one of the sides of my frames. The ear frame fits in the glasses frame but doesn't lock in causing it to fall out of place if you were to try and wear it. I remember seeing what looked like a very small clear plastic pin that fit in the hinges that was laying nearby my glasses when I noticed the frame was broken.

I've tried contacting Oakley but they want $50.00 Frame Replacement for what should be a simple $0.05 repair.

Has anybody ran into this problem before and found a solution? Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

maybe go to a watch repair store, they have all sorts of little pin they use for watch bands and they maybe custom make that peice for you. Or go to a small mom and pop eyeglasses store or even lens crafters, they can fix it there. Im not sure what the pin looks like, post a picture??

also 50 dollars for new frame is a decent price!!!

3. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

From my experience, even with a new pin it won't stay in. Just think... How does it stay in there in the first place? $50 for a new frame is very reasonable. Hw long have you had them?

4. roscoposco

The sunglasses are practically brand new. My frame is in perfect condition aside from the missing pin. I'm not paying $50 when I have a perfect frame minus a $0.000005 plastic pin.

Lionel, do you know where I can purchase a new pin?

5. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

No I don't. Where did you buy them from and how long have you had them?

6. roscoposco

Oakley Store, 2 years ago.