• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where To Find Oakley Radar Frame Hinge Pin?

roscoposco

Oakley Beginner
Hello,

Recently my Oakley Radars somehow lost one of the Hinge Pins on one of the sides of my frames. The ear frame fits in the glasses frame but doesn't lock in causing it to fall out of place if you were to try and wear it. I remember seeing what looked like a very small clear plastic pin that fit in the hinges that was laying nearby my glasses when I noticed the frame was broken.

I've tried contacting Oakley but they want $50.00 Frame Replacement for what should be a simple $0.05 repair.

Has anybody ran into this problem before and found a solution? Thanks

maybe go to a watch repair store, they have all sorts of little pin they use for watch bands and they maybe custom make that peice for you. Or go to a small mom and pop eyeglasses store or even lens crafters, they can fix it there. Im not sure what the pin looks like, post a picture??

also 50 dollars for new frame is a decent price!!!

From my experience, even with a new pin it won't stay in. Just think... How does it stay in there in the first place? $50 for a new frame is very reasonable. Hw long have you had them?

The sunglasses are practically brand new. My frame is in perfect condition aside from the missing pin. I'm not paying $50 when I have a perfect frame minus a $0.000005 plastic pin.

Lionel, do you know where I can purchase a new pin?

I had the same thing happen ages ago, almost new. Luckily I hung on to them. The pin is, I think, 1.7mm thick. Body piercing bars come in various thicknesses, one of which is 1.6mm. You can buy in metal or plastic, and they’re relatively cheap. You can cut to size then glue it in.

I’m currently experimenting with using the thread (where they ball screws on) to screw the bar into the frames a bit, but obviously this can’t be done when it’s already the right length, but if you’re prepared to just glue it then this is a relatively cheap, readily available item that’s virtually the same size.

I had the same thing happen ages ago, almost new. Luckily I hung on to them. The pin is, I think, 1.7mm thick. Body piercing bars come in various thicknesses, one of which is 1.6mm. You can buy in metal or plastic, and they’re relatively cheap. You can cut to size then glue it in.

I’m currently experimenting with using the thread (where they ball screws on) to screw the bar into the frames a bit, but obviously this can’t be done when it’s already the right length, but if you’re prepared to just glue it then this is a relatively cheap, readily available item that’s virtually the same size.

I experienced the exact same type of hinge pin failure on my triggerman frame and Oakley customer service after going through the entire process of my taking photos determined that I had abused it and it wasn’t a failure on their part despite the glasses being perfect otherwise.

Needless to say I’m not exactly a happy camper.

I also have trouble understanding why a replacement part for this does not exist

Latest Posts

Back