• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Where To Find Oakley X-Metal Replacement Parts?

cshepard

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, new member here, so my apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I'm trying to revitalize some of my older glasses. Today I contacted Oakley regarding my Juliets, Hatchets, and Jurys. I agreed to send the Juliets in to Oakley for them to "tune-up". I didn't know about this thread or that people could do a better, more affordable job. They told me they couldn't do anything about the Hatchets or Jurys.

The Hatchets (carbon frames, black rubber, black iridium polarized lens) are missing a nose bomb, and the ear socks are in bad shape. Also the lenses need to be replaced. I've seen replacement lenses (they've already been replaced once), but do I have any options for the nose bombs?

The Jurys (distressed silver frames, black rubber, black iridium polarized lens) broke last weekend. There is a hard black plastic piece that makes the hinge of the earpiece--it is attached to the metal of the earpiece with 2 small screws--which is the piece that broke. (This is the piece that says JURY on the inside). If anyone has a trashed pair of Jurys that has that plastic piece on the right side intact, I'd be interested in buying!

You can always try the exchange section with your requests once ya hit the criteria for entry as stated in the forum rules. =)

That's a tough one on the jury. Ebay usually has a lot of broken jury's people are selling. They always break one of those plastic hinges, poor design on an otherwise solid pair of glasses. I have been wondering if one of the guys on this forum that have 3D printers can get the dimensions of the piece and start to produce replacements for them. That is a question for Qtrain, a member here

Which side nose bomb are you missing? i have a pair of hatchets with good rubber, but oddly enough i am missing anose bomb as well but ill sell them to you if you want them, they ear socks are solid. PM me and we can talk

As for the Jury, There is a reputable seller on ebay (backstreet-shoes) who quite often has all the colorways for $60.00 with free shipping. I picked up 2 pairs from them and they were mint......

PM me regarding your hatchet issue.....

That's a tough one on the jury. Ebay usually has a lot of broken jury's people are selling. They always break one of those plastic hinges, poor design on an otherwise solid pair of glasses. I have been wondering if one of the guys on this forum that have 3D printers can get the dimensions of the piece and start to produce replacements for them. That is a question for Qtrain, a member here

I've wanted to try making a pair but I'd need a pair of jury's first.

Help!
I need a t6 screw for the hinge. All I see on ebay are t6 screws for the orbital. Someone please tell me where I can get one. And maybe some washers too. Thank you

Back