• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which color rubber?

Unfortunately it's night so the lighting isn't the best...

Otherwise, for your comparison - carbon / ice / OEM blue vs. plasma / ice / LG blue:

20141222_213741.jpg

20141222_213804.jpg

20141222_213828.jpg

20141222_213845.jpg

20141222_213901.jpg

The OEM is much darker for sure. In your opinion which would look better on a polished pair? I am leaning towards the lighter based on this comparison.

Thanks by the way!

Personally I think OEM better matches ice, regardless of frame finish. But they're harder to find and more expensive. And, with LG, you can get matching orbital gaskets. It's good enough, though at times I've considered switching back to OEM black.

Hmm... Interesting. Are the OEM blue orbitals almost impossible to find? I guess it really depends on if I want a shelf whore or not. And I don't think I do... I would hate to mess up OEM rubbers if they really are as expensive as I am sensing they are. To bag LG ha sent got a rubber that matches the OEM color better

Hmm... Interesting. Are the OEM blue orbitals almost impossible to find? I guess it really depends on if I want a shelf whore or not. And I don't think I do... I would hate to mess up OEM rubbers if they really are as expensive as I am sensing they are. To bag LG ha sent got a rubber that matches the OEM color better

AFAIK, they never made colored OEM orbital gaskets; only aftermarkets did. For the rest of the OEM rubber set, they're not impossible to find but current pricing is ridiculous.

If you have seen the LG thread, somebody (I think qtrain) asked them why their blue and red don't more closely match OEM shades. They replied that it was on purpose, to differentiate. I think most of us wish they'd made them match OEM shade instead...

Of course, OEM looks best IMO (but pricey). I think after that, the LG dark blue would look best with that frame lens combo. I like the looks of the colored orbital gaskets on custom pairs. I don't think violet or light blue would look as good...

Of course, OEM looks best IMO (but pricey). I think after that, the LG dark blue would look best with that frame lens combo. I like the looks of the colored orbital gaskets on custom pairs. I don't think violet or light blue would look as good...

LG doesn't really have a dark blue, just regular blue and light blue. The ones in those pics I posted are their regular blue.