1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kylem

kylem Oakley Beginner

So i am new here and also a recent Oakley customer. Got my first pair of Oakleys two days ago. I got the Holbrooks in matte black with silver Oakley O's on the side. I love them for how light they are and comfortable. The thing is that i am contemplating on getting the polarized version which has polished black finish instead of a matte. I like the matte since it doesn't attract fingerprints and doesn't scratch like the polished finish but it still looks nice. It's just that i don't need the polarization. So the extra $50 in my mind isn't really worth it. But what do you think? I was also deciding on getting the clear with chrome iridium lenses. Those seem like they might be a little risky for me but i love those chrome lenses.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

are you looking for a new pair sunnies or would you just swapping lenses?!?
    in this way you could stay with the matte black frame . . . and replacement lenses are available
    the clear fram is not option if you will wear it in the sun. it´s a bit irritating, if the sun goes through the frame.

3. kylem

kylem Oakley Beginner

Well i decided i want to get the chrome iridium replacement lenses if anything. But they do cost $55 and at the moment i don't have that kind of money to waste. Any place i can get them for cheaper? Or can they customize it in the store even though i already bought it? I also never seen a customization option for these on the website.

4. Oakleynerd

5. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

Frogskins

6. Oakleynerd

@FrogTastic
    ha ha
    those are not on his list ;o)

7. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

well, aftermarket lenses are cheaper. if that's up your alley. but i would stick to replacement lenses. 55 bucks ain't much, and i swapped in chrome lenses into my matte black frame "splatterbrook" as well. and they are sweet as!

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

9. Hed568

Hed568 Oakley Enthusiast

Goldbrooks sir

10. Kaduku

Kaduku Oakley Beginner

Get the Chrome lenses....a lot cheaper than a new pair and they look sharp :p

Which Holbrook Should I Buy? - img0304sq.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 11/18/14