• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which lens are these?

Jay D.

Oakley Beginner
Hello All,

So I am a cricket player and Oakley are my go to pair whenever I am out playing. Recently, I was watching cricket and this player that is sponsored by Oakley (Virat Kohli) was wearing a pair that I would love to add to my collection. I tried asking guys at the Oakley Vault and the Oakley store, but kept getting different answers.

Here are a few pictures, and if you couple please tell me what lens they are (shape and color) and what frames they are, I would greatly appreciate it!! I am referring to the yellow frame and the greenish yellowish lens.

Pictures:
220951.jpg

220945.jpg

220783.jpg

220411.jpg

It's hard to tell from those pics but they look like Radarlock Path Fingerprint Retina Burn, which comes with both BIP and Jade Iridium lenses, the Jades being used here.

SKU OO9181-47

o-review SS:
retina burn.png

I am confused between the G26 Iridium and the Jade Iridium. I tried to find the Radar Path in G26 Iridium Lens, but they dont make those anymore. I ended up buying the Jade Iridium, but the lens tint is a bit darker than the ones in these pictures :(

Jade and G26 are the same mirror, different bases. G26 was the original "Shooters" lens in that it was supposed to mute green tones and enhance the oranges (for skeet/trap shooting) I believe. It originally came in M Frame only, then started being offered in some others. You actually couldn't just go buy it for the longest time and they made you sign a waiver stating you wouldn't wear while driving. It was tricky at first. Then they just started selling them and then added it to the Radar line up as well. Still not too common and I think I may have 1 or 2 in my stash as well. Was a more rose like base lens where Jade is the neutral grey base.

I am confused between the G26 Iridium and the Jade Iridium. I tried to find the Radar Path in G26 Iridium Lens, but they dont make those anymore. I ended up buying the Jade Iridium, but the lens tint is a bit darker than the ones in these pictures :(

The iridium for G26 and Jade is the same; it's the base tint that differs, with G26 being contrast at (not coincidentially) 26% light trans and Jade being neutral at 17% trans.

I think it's the lighting / camera used in those pics that makes it look lighter / more yellow in the center.

Jade and G26 are the same mirror, different bases. G26 was the original "Shooters" lens in that it was supposed to mute green tones and enhance the oranges (for skeet/trap shooting) I believe. It originally came in M Frame only, then started being offered in some others. You actually couldn't just go buy it for the longest time and they made you sign a waiver stating you wouldn't wear while driving. It was tricky at first. Then they just started selling them and then added it to the Radar line up as well. Still not too common and I think I may have 1 or 2 in my stash as well. Was a more rose like base lens where Jade is the neutral grey base.

Dang it you beat me to it... ;)

Back