• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Lens For Blue Light Filtering

Littleted

Oakley Beginner
Guys I suffer with Migrines and something I use are glasses that Filter out Blue Light from the Spectrum.

My Current favourite pair of sunglasses are indeed Oakley Plantiff Polarized, Love the fit and feel.
Could anybody tell me what colour lenses filter out Blue light 100% or near as ?

Id like to know

Normal lenses
Polarized lenses
Transition lenses

thanks In advance

Rather than looking at polarized vs non polarized (this is more for a decision for how sunny it is), you'll want to take a look at the specific lens. G26 Iridium is specifically used to filter blue light, however it is used for target-shooting activities and also orange while clearing contrasting orange and blue (I have heard that it shouldn't be used for anything else other than shooting).

A better alternative that you could use is a Persimmon lens. This includes Persimmon, HI Persimmon, Black Persimmon transition/photochromic. Any of those are good for flat to low light (bright light if you use the transition/photochromic version).

Another great option is the VR28 lenses. For extremely bright light, you can go with VR28 Black Iridium Polarized or VR28 Gold Iridium Polarized. For medium to bright light, you can use VR28 Black Iridium, VR28 Gold Iridium, or VR28 Polarized. And finally if you have low light, a regular VR28 lens will work just fine. Be careful not to go with VR28 Blue Iridium because these will not filter blue light as much.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that all Oakley lenses block all harmful blue light up to 400 nanometers. The lenses I suggested will be better for you, but remember you aren't limited to them.

Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Patrick, QQ then if you had to wear them in the house to look at Laptop/Computer Screen, but also drive in with maybe a slight tint, where would you put your money. Im in the UK we do get sun but not very often :)

I presume my Polarized Plantifs don't stop blue then ?

Well as I said, every lens blocks blue light to a certain degree. If you're still experiencing the migraines then you could consider getting something that I mentioned. Do you know what lens is in your plaintiffs?

As for what lens you might want, I would get something that is easy to switch lenses, like a flak jacket or something you like, and then get a HI persimmon lens as well as a VR28 polarized lens. It's totally up to you and you know what you're using them for and what you like, so maybe head to a store and try a few different things on?

Unsure of the Lens in my Plantifs, there jet Black Polarized lens. But not Black iridium as they look kinda brown looking.

this looks like its what I need if I stay that shape, but finding gold iridium Plantif may have to be custom

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/sunglasses-c76/1-p1458

Will check out the Flaks, I have a fat face, so the more rounder Bigger glasses suit me more....

thanks again

Patrick gave some good info here. Just a couple of comments:

- You may have noticed that every lens he recommended has a contrast base tint. In general contrast tints (and there are a lot more) will filter much more blue than anything with a neutral base tint.

- He mentioned a lot of options from the VR family. I second that; it's a great tint. There's one more, though - VR50. That one is great for indoors, twilight, and rain.

As Littleted is in the UK, VR50 probably has even more utility too! For those days when the British sun tries a bit but doesn't really get anywhere :)

Latest Posts

Back