• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Clear Oakley Lens Is Darker?

Martlet

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking for another set for my bike and I'm leaning towards transitional lenses so I won't have to swap over when the sun sets.

Could anyone tell me which lens gets darker in the sun: clear to grey or clear to brown? I'm not familiar with the difference.

I'm assuming that you mean clear to bronze instead of clear to brown.

The transmission rate, or the amount of light that the lens allows through the lens, of a grey lens is 18%. That's most suitable for medium light conditions.

The transmission rate for a bronze lens is 22%. Which would also be most suitable for medium light conditions.

More simply put, grey is darker than bronze.

I'm assuming that you mean clear to bronze instead of clear to brown.

The transmission rate, or the amount of light that the lens allows through the lens, of a grey lens is 18%. That's most suitable for medium light conditions.

The transmission rate for a bronze lens is 22%. Which would also be most suitable for medium light conditions.

More simply put, grey is darker than bronze.

Thanks. The drop down says brown, but I'm no expert. I'm getting black frames, so I guess I'll get the grey lenses anyway.

Thanks again!

Back