• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Lenses (if Not OEM)?

Sometimes I drive in snow with like a two inch by two inch square scraped off the windshield. Completely blind, absolutely dangerous. That's what I picture here... and would still rather do that than VL.

Last edited:
Sometimes I drive in snow with like a two inch by two inch square scraped off the windshield. Completely bind, absolutely dangerous. That's what I picture here... and would still rather do that than VL.

Hahah awesome feedback from everyone. I was considering some of those cheapo lenses but not after joining this forum.

If you *have* to go cheap,

I've had luck with

thefinessimo, Z Lens, Solstice Lenses...

thefinessimo has beautiful colors, his lenses don't feel super ridiculously cheap like VL. Has a good selection. Definitely polarized when he says polarized. Fit is nice.
Z-Lens are beautiful as well, but he only does them for A-Wires and Juliets it seems.. and doesn't restock often.
Solstice Lenses.. I only mention cause they were the only company I could find to replace my Cobalt/+Red Iridium Eye Jacket lenses with something somewhat comparable. They fit nice, and the color is nice.

Steer clear of the BIN CXL guys, Customxlenses. They're probably second to VL in crap quality. But.. they do awesome etching on their lenses!

And, I'm a fan of Linegear's stuff, the thickness is nice, the colors are beautiful, but you're basically paying OEM prices for it, and it's not OEM quality (Proven by Infinitehero).. and aside from the R2, it's all stuff that's easily custom cut by one of our awesome forum members.

*edit*
Dunno if it was answerd, but VL became Revant.. Sorry, it's late, I'm tired, I didn't wanna read through it again.

I've used walleva and revant polarized lenses and they're pretty good. Not Oakley good, but they only cost like 20-30 bucks

Dr. Chop is out. Custom cuts can be done by InfiniteHero and xmetalmaniac. Like GH4AU said, you only need custom cuts if OEM for that lens color isn't available for that frame directly from Oakley.

I know you're looking for economy, but for the sake of your eyes, unless you just want a shelf whore display piece, stick with OEM / custom cuts. No 3rd party lenses have the base prism tech that OEM do (qtrain23 sells some very nice 3rd party but still awaiting optical tests and $ is comparable to custom cuts; I have hopes they have comparable optics but still TBD).

You may not notice the difference looking through them, but that's subjective and your eyes may auto-correct for the lower quality. But over time, all that auto-correcting can screw you up. Also, cheap 3rd party lenses = devalued Oaks.

It's like that old Seinfeld joke about monistat 3 vs. monistat 7 - if you could buy a 3 day yeast infection cure instead of a 7 day cure, why buy the 7 day? Because the 7 day is cheaper? So, is that where you really want to economize?

Quality over quantity.

Back