• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Oakley Should I Buy?

i'd get the mars if you are gonna wear them regularly. X-metal is very durable. if you want a zero, its pretty old, fragile and the parts are basically non replaceable. tbh the zero 0.3 looks the most unique but its a shelf item. Mars still look very unique. :D

The different models is the regular x metal, crater(like the x metal but with holes), leather(like the crater ,but with leather sewn in). n if there are more, someone should chime in.

Okay so the zeros are more for the collection then for wearing am i correct? Also i found a pair that looks identicial to Oakley Mars, their name is Oakley Moon but i guess they are also discontinued as the Mars ones? Are Crator more rare then the X Metal? It's between X Metal and Crator but the Crators costs 100$ more.
Again thanks for all answers :)

since i noticed you have high budget for your "first oaks" (damn man, awesome!), why not get a romeo 1.0? but definitely, a mars would suit you pretty much. but i disagree on the zeroes not being wearable. just do not wear them when you are engaged in sports or during outdoor activities where there is potential to get hit in the face. the zero line is very comfortable as you sometimes forget they are there on your face due to them being so light. got the 0.2, 0.3, 0.3p and the mars and i think the mars will fit your face frame...and yup, the 0.4 is definitely worth a look, and they are less rare than the 0.2 and 0.3. just IMO.

Zeros are definently wearable but it's not titanium. Especially pre 1999 o matter plastic frames are prone to cracking. I'd say get an r1 as well. Stylish piece but definently wearable even in sports. It's the total package, rarity, styling and durability.

The reason why i pick Zero 0.2, Zero 0.3 and Mars is because of the design, it sticking out from the mass and i've never any wear these except you you guys who posted pictures here wearing them.
I'm thinking about adding these to my collection after i purchased my Mars

Also found these that looks like 0.2 in design any thought would these fit my face (picture of me page 1) These are the zero 0.1
$(KGrHqRHJE8FHi,EUrDrBR-YzTjNwQ~~60_57.JPG?rt=nc

Last edited:
The zero line is definitely awesome and one of a kind. They scream oakley in design. I collect the zero line as well. Just not to keen on the 0.4 and 0.7. And not any of the new zero kinds. Too corny...i like the zeroes for the "where the fck did you get those" kinda comments...

The Moon is the plastic version of the Mars, and more fragile that the Zeros.... unless you have a really small head they should be a shelf item. Unless you dont mind breaking a rare and somewhat expensive pair.

Thanks. Should i buy Zero 0.1 or Zero 0.3 because it will be a while until i will have both versions. Very hard to decide..

Latest Posts

Back