1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

Which color should I get?
    Sax blue
    Which Of These Lenses For X Metal XX Ichiro Clone? - 0af3de4262.JPG
    Navy Blue
    Which Of These Lenses For X Metal XX Ichiro Clone? - 6f9d61b31f.JPG

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

They both look GREAT!! Tho the Sax seems to match the rubber more (from the pic/angle anyway) I'd personally go the Sax.

3. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

+1 on the Sax also, it does seem to match the rubbers more. But if you want to match/clone the Ichiro's, the navy is probably closer in color. Aaahhh, they both look good :rolleyes:, LOL!

4. tarheel7734

I am not sure if the rubber in the pic is linegear rubbers or oakley. I will have a set of the Oakley Ichiro rubbers.
    Which Of These Lenses For X Metal XX Ichiro Clone? - $(KGrHqZ,!owE8ViyBO24BPWd7kzzrQ~~60_58.JPG

Attached Files:

5. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Navy. If you have Oakley rubber its darker than any other aftermarket...the rubber in the Linegear pics is theirs which is lighter. The Navy will be closer to Ice and the original OO Blue which matched perfectly with the Oakley rubber

6. Uluahunter

I'm not familiar with OEM rubbers vs. aftermarket either, but looking at those closely it doesn't seem to be genuine Oakley. I'm just thinking that they are a few rough edges where the rubber hasn't been trimmed down flush, and I would think that Oakley has higher quality standards than that. Again, I don't know squat about unobtanium pieces, so I could very well be talkin' out of my A$$, LOL.

Attached Files:

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

see

That's OEM. The printing is genuine Oakley. The lighting is making it appear lighter

See this thread for pics of my Ichiro X Squared custom with Ice and OEM blue rubber for an example in different lighting

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/2934-ichiro-squared-build.html

8. Uluahunter

I remember your build thread, the lighting does make it look a LOT lighter here. So how different is the printing on the aftermarket rubbers?

9. ucdavis4PT0gpa

The letters are in italics...most aftermarket has their own markings (not Made in the USA) and those that do have Made in the USA its not in italics.

10. tarheel7734

Any other opinions?