• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Of These Lenses For X Metal XX Ichiro Clone?

Which to choose Ichiro XX

• Total voters

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
Which color should I get?
Sax blue
0af3de4262.JPG

Navy Blue
6f9d61b31f.JPG

Attachments

• 0af3de4262.JPG
    0af3de4262.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 6f9d61b31f.JPG
    6f9d61b31f.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 257
+1 on the Sax also, it does seem to match the rubbers more. But if you want to match/clone the Ichiro's, the navy is probably closer in color. Aaahhh, they both look good :rolleyes:, LOL!

I am not sure if the rubber in the pic is linegear rubbers or oakley. I will have a set of the Oakley Ichiro rubbers.
$(KGrHqZ,!owE8ViyBO24BPWd7kzzrQ~~60_58.JPG

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!owE8ViyBO24BPWd7kzzrQ~~60_58.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 226
Navy. If you have Oakley rubber its darker than any other aftermarket...the rubber in the Linegear pics is theirs which is lighter. The Navy will be closer to Ice and the original OO Blue which matched perfectly with the Oakley rubber

I am not sure if the rubber in the pic is linegear rubbers or oakley. I will have a set of the Oakley Ichiro rubbers.

I'm not familiar with OEM rubbers vs. aftermarket either, but looking at those closely it doesn't seem to be genuine Oakley. I'm just thinking that they are a few rough edges where the rubber hasn't been trimmed down flush, and I would think that Oakley has higher quality standards than that. Again, I don't know squat about unobtanium pieces, so I could very well be talkin' out of my A$$, LOL.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!owE8ViyBO24BPWd7kzzrQ~~60_58.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 211
I'm not familiar with OEM rubbers vs. aftermarket either, but looking at those closely it doesn't seem to be genuine Oakley. I'm just thinking that they are a few rough edges where the rubber hasn't been trimmed down flush, and I would think that Oakley has higher quality standards than that. Again, I don't know squat about unobtanium pieces, so I could very well be talkin' out of my A$$, LOL.
see

That's OEM. The printing is genuine Oakley. The lighting is making it appear lighter

See this thread for pics of my Ichiro X Squared custom with Ice and OEM blue rubber for an example in different lighting

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/2934-ichiro-squared-build.html

I remember your build thread, the lighting does make it look a LOT lighter here. So how different is the printing on the aftermarket rubbers?

Latest Posts

Back