• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which One Do You Prefer. Plasma Or Xmetal Frames?

X metal just has the edge for me but polished all the way for the Juliet! For the R1 I prefer Titanium.

Polish for me. Had an opportunity of buying between plasma, polish, and carbon juliets. Bought the polished ones even though they cost more than what I think is insane price for a pair of sunglasses. My most expensive one before this was a Revo w/c costs $249(which is pushing it really)

.................wish I didn't come across this forum and learned more about x metals:sorry: My poor wallet :sorry:

1) X-Metal
2) Plasma/Titanium
3) Carbon
4) Polished

I lot of Oakley enthusiasts I know consider polished to be the x-metal counterpart to white O-Matter...i.e., if you're a douche, you wear polished x-metals. I know not everyone sees it that way, but it's enough to steer me away from that colorway.

I like the Plasma frame but if I really had to narrow it down to a certain look and frame it would be Polished all the way....Love the POP the Polished gives.

1.plasma (current gen) 2.carbon (both early and late) 3.polished 4. Xmetal ( only experience with early gen) The general consensus seems to be for xmetal but the xmetals that on the xmetals I own, the finish is really grainy and hollow feeling. It looks like the later generation xmetals are better so maybe I need to snag a pair of those. My favorite right now is the current gen plasma juliet. The finish has a nice satin feel to it. I just hope it doesn't tarnish.

Back