• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which One Would You Customize?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
So let's say you had two pairs of Mars, both with the same standard x-metal / BI colorway, both with serials, both in the same condition, neither with boxes. The only difference is one pair is a Crater.

You want to customize one pair with some custom cuts and 3rd party colored rubbers. Which pair would you customize vs. leaving stock, the standard Mars or the Craters? Why choose that one instead of the other?

I would cut a set of Ruby lenses for the Crater and toss on a set of red Linegear rubbers.

Mod the Crater. IMHO the point of modding is to make something more extreme and you're going to get more extreme with Craters. Actually I just wrestled with this, I got a pair of Mars violet chops in a trade and put them into a pair of loose Craters- leaving my boxed pair intact.

I'm guessing that's this pair in CarGuy's Corner? They look very nice.
CarGuy Corner | Oakley Forum
Yes sir, you're on your game. I was actually just at a car rental counter headed home from a trade show and those were on my head. While I was doing the paperwork and stuff literally the whole time the lady kept staring at them on my head.

Providing you are not causing any damage to the frame, any customization is 100% reversible. The rubbers and lenses can easily be changed, and then returned to the original condition if you are not happy with the look.

I have 8 pairs of Mars and counting, so I'm happy to play around with them (except the Leather's of course :eek:).

Back