• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Which Snow Goggles For Me?

fordbattle

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,
I was at a store checking out oakley snow goggles, and need some advice!

I'm a snowboarder in Ontario, and like to travel to both Quebec (cold) and BC frequently to board. I'm looking to get some quality goggles.

I don't want goggles that are too dark, or that fog up too much. Does anyone have recommendations? What colour tint should I be looking into? Are there any differences in terms of UV protection

Thanks!!!

Well all oakley lenses have full UV protection. So there is no worry for that! And a lot of the higher end goggles like the canopy, airbrake, and the splice have anti fog coatings. Some come with extra lenses for changing light conditions, and the airbrake is designed with switchlock technology for quick lens changes. I think my biggest recommendation is to do some research. The online oakley store has a ton of information.

Well all oakley lenses have full UV protection. So there is no worry for that! And a lot of the higher end goggles like the canopy, airbrake, and the splice have anti fog coatings. Some come with extra lenses for changing light conditions, and the airbrake is designed with switchlock technology for quick lens changes. I think my biggest recommendation is to do some research. The online oakley store has a ton of information.

Thanks. I guess the hard part is wading through all the info on oakley's website. Lots of marketing and hard to understand what's worth it and what isn't. I don't really care to pay more for a particular pair b/c it's endorsed by a certain pro, but do value quality.

You can't really go wrong with Oakley goggles. I live in southern Ontario (unfortunately) and I just purchased a pair of Airbrakes since they were a good price and are super steezy. They come with two lenses (Blue Iridium and Persimmon) for both sunny and overcast days. My last pair of goggles were a set of Crowbars which are still a great goggle, but I like how easy it is to switch out lenses on the Airbrakes when lighting conditions change. Definitely shop around and go to a shop to try on different pairs. The fit and field of vision of all the different goggles varies, so pick whatever works best for you.

As for lenses, if you're going to get one, I'd go either Pink Iridium or Black Iridium. In my opinion, those are the two most versatile lenses for Oakley gogs.

If you have a smaller head and don't like large goggles go for the A Frame. If not, go for the Crowbar, Splice (exactly same fit as the CB) or Canopy.
Neither of these fog up too much, and all of them have UV protection, of course.
As for the lens. I love Blue Iridium, it a good all around lens. For the foggy weather I'd go for HI Persimmon. Excellent contrast and has a nice Blue coating.

Small/Medium face - A Frame or Crowbar
Medium/Large face - Airbrake, Canopy (largest goggle) or Splice

The Airbrake would be nice if you think you would ever need to change lenses, which might be a necessity depending on where you ride and how often the lighting changes. I would personally recommend trying all of them on though, because everyone's face is different and all of these goggles also have different sized nose openings. So overall find something that fits you comfortably and doesn't press down on your nose. If you have a helmet I would recommend taking it to the store with you because the goggles could fit differently if you try them on without it.

Latest Posts

Back