• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whilst looking on the Bay....

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
I happened to notice a seller was selling a pair of Oakley Dart Sunglasses. On closer inspection, they were Dartboards(denoted by the more angular lens shape. When I looked at the colour, listed as brown lens/brown frame, I knew they were Honey/Bronze. The seller wanted $44.99, so I offered 36 bucks. Was counter offered with 39 and I took it. Seller says no scratches, and she has good feedback(sold an immaculate Icon 3.0 backpack for less than $13!). So it all looks good.

Oakley_Honey_Bronze2.jpg

Oakley_Honey_Bronze.jpg

Oakley_Honey_Bronze3.jpg

Oakley_Honey_Bronze4.jpg

Only comes with what's in the pictures.

Last edited:
They arrived today. Not in perfect condition, at least the lens isn't.........though, they are cloee to. When I chexked them over, on scrutinising the pair I noticed an internal crack located.....you guesseed it, on the very top of the lens with nosebridge being underneath. It really does seem difficult to notice, being inside the lens(the main crack is about 3-4mm with some other cracks of which there about 3-5 at about .0.5 mm to 0.8mm) it only shows at certain angles, from intense scrutiny.. Should I keep them, or demand my money back for false representatio ?

Hmmmmmm.... technically she said no scratches..... she didn't say anything about no cracks. ;)

For the money you spent is it worth the hassle sending them back? How bad do you really want them?

I would send them back. Me personally, I'm starting to get irritated how people describe their glasses. I'm ranting here. I've bought several pairs of shades in the last week where people describe them as excellent. Their idea of excellent and mine must be WAY off. Anyway, ask for a refund and hold out for Mint pairs.

Ebay is still far better then CL as far as acurate descriptions go. I meet up with a guy to buy "mint" ducati juliets... Let me just tell you. Delaminating lenses, nasty rubbers... It was rough. I was able to heal everything but the lenses, but it was a joke. Id send back just out of principle...

Hmmmmmm.... technically she said no scratches..... she didn't say anything about no cracks. ;)

For the money you spent is it worth the hassle sending them back? How bad do you really want them?

I'd say, in all honesty no: but the seller, after being notified is playing me about I feel: having taken some pics he/she wants more from the front of the glasses, not just zoomed in on the crack............

I would send them back. Me personally, I'm starting to get irritated how people describe their glasses. I'm ranting here. I've bought several pairs of shades in the last week where people describe them as excellent. Their idea of excellent and mine must be WAY off. Anyway, ask for a refund and hold out for Mint pairs.

I will see how I'm treated by this seller. If he/she @rses me about much more then I will just get a full refund.

Ebay is still far better then CL as far as acurate descriptions go. I meet up with a guy to buy "mint" ducati juliets... Let me just tell you. Delaminating lenses, nasty rubbers... It was rough. I was able to heal everything but the lenses, but it was a joke. Id send back just out of principle...

The seller wasn't that far 'off the mark' with there description.........however, see my response above!

Here I've zoomed in as much as I can, if you squint, you can just see the crack: it is easier to see with light coming from behind it. This was one of the sellers own pics.

Oakley_Honey_Bronze_crack_shown.jpg

After taking this to eBay and making a claim for a return, the seller got back to me asking how much of a refund I was after. I thought 'since you arsed me about, I'm going to say 75%'. After they wrote back in dissbeleive question the amount, they then sent through a message saying they'd 'honour' my return request.......how generous.

Back