1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. bjhawk

bjhawk Oakley Beginner

I recently purchased a pair of the Kazu Frogskins and they came in a white cardboard box with black printing instead of the normal clear plastic box that all my previous pairs had come in. Is this new or normal? All Oakley paperwork/warranty post card/custom Kazu microfiber bag/etc were included. The priduct sticker looks to be official as well with all matching product codes, etc. Has anyone else seen a white cardboard box on newer frogskins? Thoughts?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

I got a black box with white on it for just a stock pair of frogskins for my lady. Maybe to cut down costs again..... o_O

3. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

I'm glad they changed it. The clear boxes were so fragile and difficult to stack them

4. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

There are two versions of the new cardboard Frogskin boxes, black with white text, and white with black text, each retaining the same box size and writing style as on the plastic originals. Some glasses, such as Danny Kass, come in both plastic and cardboard, as the box transition has occurred whilst certain pairs have remained available.

5. rcstfox

rcstfox Oakley Beginner

i've seen black with white... but not the opposite.. is it something like PSJ box?

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the boxes used to be white, before the current "black with white history text" box.

7. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

My GP-75 Frogskins came in a black box, the new Crystal collection had black boxes from what I saw in store. My Kazu's have a clear box, but I have yet to see a white box. Post a pic dude.

8. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

The only Frogskin boxes that "used to be white" (your quote suggests something historical) were the four PSJ pairs, each was white with a uniquely coloured flap to match the glasses frame. There is no "black with white history text" box for this model, the closest to that description would be the 'Standard' (generic) issued only for the GP-75 and Infinite Hero pairs.

9. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

The white background with black text is a new box design. The PSJ boxes were white but unique in certain respects. With the recent white/black text think of the same size and scripting but cardboard instead of plastic.

rcstfox likes this.
  10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

oh these are frogskin boxes - my bad. was talking generic boxes. youre right about the PSJ.