• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

White Earsocks Durability

I will wear white earsocks when I am not sweating and have freshly washed hair. Cleaning method is to scrape gently with a clean finger and the dirt will ball up and fall off.

Confirmed with O Lab guys who were onsite in London building OCP the liquid was hand soap not hand sanitizer although I have used both.

Thanks for the follow-up! Interesting how they used hand soap...those cool little vials they dipped those glasses into would have you to believe they were some rare Koala bear's snot or something. :wink: At least with hand sanitizer, the stuff dries pretty quickly...but hand soap? Guess it never really dries? Seems the glasses might get gunky after sweat gets between the socks and the frame.

to each their own. washing takes 5 minutes and you can do the lenses and frame at the same time, preventing surface peeling/ lens peeling issues.

Would constant washing with soap degrade the rubber more quickly? Seems like it might eliminate all the oils that would cause premature cracking, etc.

Thanks for the follow-up! Interesting how they used hand soap...those cool little vials they dipped those glasses into would have you to believe they were some rare Koala bear's snot or something. :wink: At least with hand sanitizer, the stuff dries pretty quickly...but hand soap? Guess it never really dries? Seems the glasses might get gunky after sweat gets between the socks and the frame.

Would constant washing with soap degrade the rubber more quickly? Seems like it might eliminate all the oils that would cause premature cracking, etc.

nope, you only wash it when it is used and has sweat/oil on it. contrary to popular belief, keeping rubber clean and HYDRATED is key to keeping it fresh. hydrated means water, not oil. rubber products degrade in oil.

also with the using of handsoap to install earsocks, just wash the frame and wiggle the earsoks around, it gets rid of most of the soap under the earsock :)

Back