• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who can help in assuring me that these Romeo 1's are real

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your loss, I had kind of a situation like yours, with a pair of Juliets tho not Romeo. The Romeo looks lagit to me, good luck if you win it. Unfortunetly in today's society unless somebody doesn't know what they have, your going to pay a hefty price for an R1, unless you find someone on here that will sell you one at a descent price.

no worries...

99% of the Romeos that pop up for sale in the Exchange Section are legit...

plan on spending big bucks for them though...

but hey, a one time purchase of some Romeos won't kill you...it kills you when you buy a Juliet, then an XX and then see an XS and are like "man, I want those too"...

I'd have a Romeo or two, but I just don't like the frame...

Thank you all so far for the kind welcome and I look forward to being able to utilize the Exchange to satisfy my craving for a pair of R1's.

I've introduced myself in the intro section as well.

Now for the R1 I don't have a big problem paying for these as I am dead set on getting a pair but I would much prefer if the still had a little Oakley left in them. The Grey frame with Blk Irid Polarized was what I had and that is what I want now as well. I dont care too much for all the fancy options and moddings. I just need the ones similar to what I had. Getting some replacement lenses os fine and i guess the rubber is going to have to be aftermarket but I think they look their best in more of a neutral look.

rgds
cs

Thank you all so far for the kind welcome and I look forward to being able to utilize the Exchange to satisfy my craving for a pair of R1's.

I've introduced myself in the intro section as well.

Now for the R1 I don't have a big problem paying for these as I am dead set on getting a pair but I would much prefer if the still had a little Oakley left in them. The Grey frame with Blk Irid Polarized was what I had and that is what I want now as well. I dont care too much for all the fancy options and moddings. I just need the ones similar to what I had. Getting some replacement lenses os fine and i guess the rubber is going to have to be aftermarket but I think they look their best in more of a neutral look.

rgds
cs
So you want an R1 in Xmetal finish with black iridium polarized lenses? Classic look man! Always in style!!! Can't wait to see it!

Now for the R1 I don't have a big problem paying for these as I am dead set on getting a pair but I would much prefer if the still had a little Oakley left in them. The Grey frame with Blk Irid Polarized was what I had and that is what I want now as well.
You should stumble across one in no time...

Just be patient, but also keep your hand on the refresh button lol...

Gotta be quick...

I've seen several come up in wearable condition with decent lenses and rubber for $500 over the last several months. I'll keep an eye out for you!

I can empathize with you, I purchased my Romeos around 1998 and Juliet's followed shortly after. Then sometime between 2008 and 2010 they were donated to charity. I would get sick to my stomach when I saw a pair and no other glasses compared.

After much obsession I am now the owner of 2 Romeo 1 in X Metal/Black Iridium and a Romeo 1 Plasma/Fire Iridium .

I still need my Carbon/Black Iridium Juliet's though and I can only slide so much by my wife, but then again if I sold a pair of Romeo's......

Best of luck

Last edited:
Back