1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The passion for vintage is still alive, and these have caught my interest. How big do they fit? What O Matter generation are they (prone to breaking)?

I've never seen these in person, but they're slightly outrageous and it makes me want some.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

they are old omatter and VERY prone to snapping, especially halfway down the earstem. great looking pair though

3. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

There were five in the set, all presented in the old style black boxes dated 1997, produced in the earlier O Matter that some say is prone to stress damage, but if looked after should not pose a problem. The White Chrome pair had issues with the coating peeling off, I even had to replace my own pair with an unused mint one that I never wear. They would be appropriate for larger faces, and are indeed outrageous as you say, and probably more than just "slightly". The list with codes for the main four are on O Review so I will just add the super rare Metallic Blue - Black 03-144. They are a very esoteric and unique style, and as a result obtained all five for my own personal collection.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Can you compare them to a 'new' frogskin? Looks like the coverage might be lack on the lower outside edge

I do need some new frog lenses as well, and a few more of the new frog frames

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i would say they were like straight jacket coverage.. and yeah the outer sides tilt up quite abit means not so great coverage there

6. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

coverage more like the scar...

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

good call i didt think of that one

8. Seth Bush

Seth Bush Oakley Beginner

I have an old Black/Black Iridium pair of these that could use some new earsocks. Anyone on here have a replacement set or know where I can get one?

9. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I love when Romeo answers a question like this, because in my head it sounds like an Old British guy reading out of an encyclopedia.