• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who does Hydro dipping of X Metal frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronzefunk

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wes-syde, Cali
I've had a couple of X metals Cerakoted & painted.
Now I'm looking for someone to hydro dip an XS Frame with a green Camo print.
Can someone point me in the direction of someone who does this work?

I would try @THE X-MAN… he's here on the site! He'll be getting a pair of my Juliets (any day now) I'm having a tune-up and finish on…

Last edited:
I would try @THE X-MAN… he's here on the site! He'll be getting a pair of my Juliets (any day now) I'm having a tune-up and finish on…

Some quick advice; If someone asks for opinions, go ahead and knock yourself out with posting your opinions; (I do it all the time) but when someone is asking for SPECIFIC information, like '...who does this work?'
If you don't know the answer or don't have useful information to add; then you are probably wasting time with a non-answer and risk derailing a thread by sending it off topic while people answer the new question you have created.
Another words, guessing is not really helpful and probably best avoided.

The answer to your question is; The X-man does not do hydro-dipping.

Some quick advice; If someone asks for opinions, go ahead and knock yourself out with posting your opinions; (I do it all the time) but when someone is asking for SPECIFIC information, like '...who does this work?'
If you don't know the answer or don't have useful information to add; then you are probably wasting time with a non-answer and risk derailing a thread by sending it off topic while people answer the new question you have created.
Another words, guessing is not really helpful and probably best avoided.

The answer to your question is; The X-man does not do hydro-dipping.

It's comments like this that make others not want add their advice in fears of being persecuted for it... one of the main functions of This site is for helping each other out. If you try and are shot down like this you probably won't be trying to lend a hand to anyone else. The negativity is not necessary.

To answer your question, there are probably a thousand places across the united States that do dipping. There's nothing special about dipping a X metal frame so you may want to google a place near you.

I heard back from Barry at CCL today. Barry was pleasant and he explained that at CCL
'...we are not doing Oakleys any more for cost reasons. We do some O matter frames but that is it...'
CCL sees a cost reason to not do them anymore; so much for nothing special about it.

If anyone has an X Metal frame that they have had hydro dipped professionally/commercially. I would love to know what vendor they used or have a vendor they would recommend.

I heard back from Barry at CCL today. Barry was pleasant and he explained that at CCL
'...we are not doing Oakleys any more for cost reasons. We do some O matter frames but that is it...'
CCL sees a cost reason to not do them anymore; so much for nothing special about it.

If anyone has an X Metal frame that they have had hydro dipped professionally/commercially. I would love to know what vendor they used or have a vendor they would recommend.

Sorry man did not realize that! Good luck on your search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back