• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who else feels like they don't have enough micro bags?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I never feel like I have enough bags around. They're getting stashed in cases, in drawers, in gloveboxes, everywhere else and it feels like I only have one for every 5 pairs of glasses.

I figured out why today.

I collected everything up again and took a head count... 47 pairs. Cool.

Then I get into the drawers of my case and pull out all of my junk. 30 bags. Hm. Take out the limited or special editions (6), take out the old school (3), take out the Pro M bags (4), take out the VL bags (3, how the hell I even have these I don't know) and we're left with 14.

I have 14 bags for 47 pairs. Ok, now lets take out the dirty ones... Yeah, they're all in some state of uncleanliness.

And Oakley wants HOW MUCH for a pack of micro bags? No wonder I have so few. I need to get a cleaning regimen together.

Here's everything I pulled out. Boxes, cases, spare parts, rubber kits, bags, etc etc.
9517AC66-DADC-443F-983F-29A8EC0CEFCF-4118-0000026A56D2D967_zps993c079a.jpg

If u have 47 pairs where did all of your bags go? all pairs come with a bag(usually)... I have quite a few extra since up until a few years ago Oakley used to just throw a handful of them in your bag when you bought pairs at the stores but they dont anymore :(

What is that flying tiger ? bag ?
It's the bag from the yellow set. It has a display card in it, as does the 10th Mtn in there.

If u have 47 pairs where did all of your bags go? all pairs come with a bag(usually)... I have quite a few extra since up until a few years ago Oakley used to just throw a handful of them in your bag when you bought pairs at the stores but they dont anymore :(
Most of my pairs were bought used and maybe didn't come with a bag. I've lost some, I've thrown some out, I've given some away, and every time I sell a pair it goes with a bag regardless of whether I bought it with one. I think the VL bags came in with used pairs that the person cheaped out on me, because I've never bought anything VL.

I used to ask for a bag every time I'd go to the Vault store. They stopped giving extras a few years ago, and mine doesn't have the bin of random bags people talk about or I'm sure I'd have a ton more.

Looking at everything laid out... I think I'm missing a few soft vaults. I had... I think 3 large softs in black and I didn't sell any. And I don't seem to have my original M Frame case, both of the ones I have are Radar style with foam in the lid. I need to go through my car more carefully.

I always seem to need more bags. On occasion, I will get something off of eBay without a bag, but for the most part, I have a bag for almost every pair. My main issue is that sometime large frames come in those tiny bags made for Fives sized frames; so I have to end up buying a larger/nicer one at the Vault.

I have the opposite problem. When I bought all that stuff from the optical store I ended up with like 17 or 20 bags for $1 each. I can't remember the exact count but there were a lot.

Back