1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I never feel like I have enough bags around. They're getting stashed in cases, in drawers, in gloveboxes, everywhere else and it feels like I only have one for every 5 pairs of glasses.

I figured out why today.

I collected everything up again and took a head count... 47 pairs. Cool.

Then I get into the drawers of my case and pull out all of my junk. 30 bags. Hm. Take out the limited or special editions (6), take out the old school (3), take out the Pro M bags (4), take out the VL bags (3, how the hell I even have these I don't know) and we're left with 14.

I have 14 bags for 47 pairs. Ok, now lets take out the dirty ones... Yeah, they're all in some state of uncleanliness.

And Oakley wants HOW MUCH for a pack of micro bags? No wonder I have so few. I need to get a cleaning regimen together.

Here's everything I pulled out. Boxes, cases, spare parts, rubber kits, bags, etc etc.
    Who else feels like they don't have enough micro bags? - 9517AC66-DADC-443F-983F-29A8EC0CEFCF-4118-0000026A56D2D967_zps993c079a.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

What is that flying tiger ? bag ?

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I have too many bags.

4. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I like collecting the bags. Any extras?

5. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

If u have 47 pairs where did all of your bags go? all pairs come with a bag(usually)... I have quite a few extra since up until a few years ago Oakley used to just throw a handful of them in your bag when you bought pairs at the stores but they dont anymore :(

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

It's the bag from the yellow set. It has a display card in it, as does the 10th Mtn in there.

Most of my pairs were bought used and maybe didn't come with a bag. I've lost some, I've thrown some out, I've given some away, and every time I sell a pair it goes with a bag regardless of whether I bought it with one. I think the VL bags came in with used pairs that the person cheaped out on me, because I've never bought anything VL.

I used to ask for a bag every time I'd go to the Vault store. They stopped giving extras a few years ago, and mine doesn't have the bin of random bags people talk about or I'm sure I'd have a ton more.

Looking at everything laid out... I think I'm missing a few soft vaults. I had... I think 3 large softs in black and I didn't sell any. And I don't seem to have my original M Frame case, both of the ones I have are Radar style with foam in the lid. I need to go through my car more carefully.

7. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I always find them in hoodie pockets after they have gone through the wash.

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I always seem to need more bags. On occasion, I will get something off of eBay without a bag, but for the most part, I have a bag for almost every pair. My main issue is that sometime large frames come in those tiny bags made for Fives sized frames; so I have to end up buying a larger/nicer one at the Vault.

9. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

...exactly how you keep microbags clean.

10. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

I have the opposite problem. When I bought all that stuff from the optical store I ended up with like 17 or 20 bags for $1 each. I can't remember the exact count but there were a lot.