• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Else Is Pissed?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pissed too. Worse products, higher prices, and offshore production - great combo there Lux. The 2013 offerings keep getting me more upset as the year goes on. I'm about ready to stop buying new O products, and just stick with the old pre-2012 models and out-of-production stuff. It would do wonders for my blood pressure :lol:

Yeah I work in an O store and this is really grinding my gears. Absolutely no sense why the o matter frame would be more expensive. I was considering purchasing the new crystal black holbrooks w/ + red until I saw the frame was made in china. Do not want.

Yeah I work in an O store and this is really grinding my gears. Absolutely no sense why the o matter frame would be more expensive. I was considering purchasing the new crystal black holbrooks w/ + red until I saw the frame was made in china. Do not want.

I was too, that plus the new +red looks violet/blue.

Its unfortunate that so many people wont even care/ realize how much cheaper the pairs are being made and will continue to feed lux. I have a feeling some will wisen up and the forum will notice a jump in members as people begin searching for the "good old" Oakleys.

IIRC, Sunglass Hut is part of this evil conspiracy also. And they sent me these coupons that excluded the popular brands SMH
7ybysata.jpg

Its unfortunate that so many people wont even care/ realize how much cheaper the pairs are being made and will continue to feed lux. I have a feeling some will wisen up and the forum will notice a jump in members as people begin searching for the "good old" Oakleys.
You got that right. The general public will probably never even notice or care. As collectors, we're the 1% minority, so you can't really blame Oakley/Lux for going after the larger market of casual buyers who own a pair or maybe two, and won't spend time doing reasearch on their shades.

Back