1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

There must be a few IT guys on this forum, I need a little help.

I bought a new TV stand last night and broke down my modem and wireless router so I could put them on the new stand. Once I plugged everything back in, I couldn't get the wireless network back up. Also, my DVD player is plugged directly into the wireless router which is obviously plugged into the modem and I couldn't get the DVD to connect to netflix. I had this issue a few weeks ago and was able to fix it by running the router's install software again but after a few attempts today, I've still got nothing. If I plug the modem directly into the computer I'm able to access the internet which is how I was able to post this so obviously I have a signal and the issue lies inside the wireless router again. Can anyone give me a few things to try to get my wireless sorted? Thanks.

I should add that the computer detected the network and "connects" to it like it should but when I pull up a page, it gives the no connection error.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

i figured it out... i hate technology sometimes.

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Something as simple as "power cycling" the router (turn off, unplug, wait 60s, plug, on) can fix those kinds of things. Glad you got it figured out.