• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who Watched The US Presidential Debate?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
It doesn't matter who you want to win, although it's certainly interesting seeing people's reactions to the debate.

I especially like all of the people on Facebook hanging on the comment Romney made about cutting funding to PBS, not taking the part he said about borrowing from China to pay for it to heart.

What is your reaction?

I thought Obama came out flat and wasn't very dynamic in regards to adapting his talking points as the debate went on. Romney seemed eager and was chomping at the bit to hammer some heavy points home, and Obama stammered a lot out of the gate only to get worse as it went on.

Romney seemed to revolve around restoring power to the state level and making jobs and the budget high priorities. All while doing a decent job of calling out Obama on some key points of failure. But boy Romney doesn't seem to be able to wait his turn.

Obama made his remarks center around how the plan is working, people will or are better cared for, but it seemed his Romney attacks fell a bit flat when immediately refuted as false.

NOTE: I'm not talking about whose policies I liked, just how the candidates performed and how strong their arguments were.

Yeah. Many of my FB feed comments were about the PBS reference and the Big Bird mention.

Romney was the better prepared by far and had Obama on the defensive the majority of the debate. These type of debates usually do not wind up swaying the candidate's bases (it did not sway me at all) but for independent and swing voters, I think Romney picked up some momentum with them as he did a great job in articulating his points and being able to counter-debate Obama on almost everything.

I stayed up on this side of the pond to watch it. Romney's delivery was definitely better than Obama's, but Romney came across as someone who'll promise virtually anything to get elected without providing any details about how he'll deliver it. The total of the promises he is making are basically impossible to deliver. Who knows what you'll get if he is elected.

Obama looked like he really wasn't in the mood for it and though there is far more transparency in his policies, his delivery was unusually weak. I can see him really going for Romney's jugular on lack of policy detail in the next debate.

Speaking of promising anything to get elected....
Gitmo
Bush Tax cuts
Transparency in his admin
Revolving Door

Newt promised me a moon colony. Shoulda voted for Newt, damn

I stayed up on this side of the pond to watch it. Romney's delivery was definitely better than Obama's, but Romney came across as someone who'll promise virtually anything to get elected without providing any details about how he'll deliver it. The total of the promises he is making are basically impossible to deliver. Who knows what you'll get if he is elected.

Obama looked like he really wasn't in the mood for it and though there is far more transparency in his policies, his delivery was unusually weak. I can see him really going for Romney's jugular on lack of policy detail in the next debate.
When Obama pushed a little Romney started throwing out a few examples of things. But at this point having legislation prepared or even having concrete plans is pointless. The other party will stonewall a pre-formulated plan. He also said he needs to create legislation ground-up as bipartisan like what's he's been doing in his state.

Which is mostly true. A lot of times we get legislation made by one party that includes other measures and it gets shot down even though at its core it's good.

I don't think Romney is trying to pretend to have all of the answers, but he knows how to use people and bring them together to get things done.

In all fairness Obama hasn't done any of that. He has more executive orders to bypass Congress than anyone before him. He's flat out lied and failed to deliver any of his campaign promises aside from healthcare reform. Reform that overreaches and INCREASE costs. He says it doesn't, and it may not in certain instances for certain people, but the overwhelming majority of people will not benefit from it.

When Obama pushed a little Romney started throwing out a few examples of things. But at this point having legislation prepared or even having concrete plans is pointless.

To be honest it reminded me of the minor parties in the UK who make outlandish manifesto claims without bothering to explain how they're going to pay for them because they're not going to get elected. It's a slightly different matter when you're the GOP candidate!

To be honest, I can't see him getting elected. The ethnicity shifts in the US demographic are a death knell for white multi-millionaire politicians.

Obama did this same thing about 4 years ago and look how it turned out...

Romney has worked with both sides within his career and has brought them together to get things done within his state...

Bottom line is all poloticians are whores who will say what ever it takes to get you in bed...

Latest Posts

Back