• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whoever used a 60% off code read this

This is entirely possible...but, most of the people they are alienating are more than run-of-the-mill customers, they are essentially brand ambassadors. These folks (myself included) have spent multi-thousands of dollars at huge retail mark-up to support the brand. The amount of bad-will they are generating won't cover the future sales they are kissing goodbye. Oakley sells nothing any of us need to live...it is a lifestyle brand and there are lots of them out there. No one NEEDS 50 pairs of sunglasses but we've been happy to buy and participate and advertise and support because we were part of the Oakley family. Maybe we were run-of-the-mill customers afterall.
I highly doubt there will be many forum members quitting the brand over this #coupongate

These folks (myself included) have spent multi-thousands of dollars at huge retail mark-up to support the brand.
A wise (and kosher) man once told me "only gentiles pay retail".

Speaking of discounts, I called my local store and asked about the bracelet Double Tap and the Carbon Money Clip. They didn't have either in stock (Reggavega beat me to the clip) so I tried to buy online (30% f&f in effect) and there is a free golf ball promotion going. When I tried to check out, check out failed because they are out of the golf balls but I can't delete it from my cart. So I emptied the cart, added the 2 items that I did want and again it added a golf ball that failed the checkout again.

After that I decided that I really don't need these after all. if they don't want to put the stuff in my local store so I can support it and if their online experience is frustrating (as usual) I'll just keep my money. I've got enough stuff already but when someone wants to give them a grand they should be ready to accept it!

Speaking of discounts, I called my local store and asked about the bracelet Double Tap and the Carbon Money Clip. They didn't have either in stock (Reggavega beat me to the clip) so I tried to buy online (30% f&f in effect) and there is a free golf ball promotion going. When I tried to check out, check out failed because they are out of the golf balls but I can't delete it from my cart. So I emptied the cart, added the 2 items that I did want and again it added a golf ball that failed the checkout again.

After that I decided that I really don't need these after all. if they don't want to put the stuff in my local store so I can support it and if their online experience is frustrating (as usual) I'll just keep my money. I've got enough stuff already but when someone wants to give them a grand they should be ready to accept it!
Oakley's online checkout experience SUCKS. It's been a long time since I've had a smooth checkout online.

I highly doubt there will be many forum members quitting the brand over this #coupongate

Quitting...no. I'm not quitting but I am bent, so next time I have some disposable income burning a hole in my pocket, I might think twice about plunking down for some Oakley swag. Also...since I'm bent, i've decided I only need 40 pairs of sunglasses...no new purchases and look for my "Bent" thread on the trading forum.

F&F also dosent work on carbon money clip. That might be a problem as well. But I do have to agree that online interface sucks

The bottom line
All the crap that someone bought at 60% off was still below Oakleys cost (China)
They didnt loose money.
To punish innocent customers is just a bad Customer Experience.

Will some quit buying their products?
Dont be so naive to think that will not happen.

As someone posted here, who need's 50 plus pairs of sunglasses , beside Frank
I for one would and can walk away.

But thats just my 2 cents
There are plenty of other things to collect beside Oakley
Now off to look at Ray Bans

Latest Posts

Back