• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whoever used a 60% off code read this

An example would be if a thief sells a stolen gun to an individual or a pawn shop...who is charged for the theft? The thief or the recipient?

The thief gets charged. If the stolen product is recovered, the recipient gets it taken away from him/her and is out the money spent. Both end up losing. The pawn shop has the option of banning you for entering the store if they so choose (ie. if they feel you bought it knowing that it was a stolen item).

Last edited:
The thief gets changed. If the stolen product is recovered, the recipient gets it taken away from him/her and is out the money spent. Both end up losing. The pawn shop has the option of banning you for entering the store if they so choose (ie. if they feel you bought it knowing that it was a stolen item).
Firearms is a whole 'nother mess. One of the reasons most states have a law requiring the lawful owner to report loss/theft within 24 hours so the serial can get in the system and be flagged when Cracky McPawnforrocks tries to hock it.

Give it a couple months and it will blow over. They need to make a bit of point/example to hopefully prevent it happening again and just maybe people like US on the forum will not jump all over a bad deal like this in the future.

I honestly was naive maybe even ignorant to the fact that the coupon was fishy. I just saw the code on eBay and said "ok I'll give it a whirl". I love oakleys and I really dig the forum...BUT I really don't know the do's and don'ts, when dealing with oakley and I will never make like I do know. I am amazed at how big the Oakley culture actually is. I love seeing all the custom and mods that everyone does.
But on a good note. I got a F&F code this morning...used it and my glasses shipped 2 hours later. I just used another email of mines and different card.

The thief gets charged. If the stolen product is recovered, the recipient gets it taken away from him/her and is out the money spent. Both end up losing. The pawn shop has the option of banning you for entering the store if they so choose (ie. if they feel you bought it knowing that it was a stolen item).

What about restitution? The shops not gonna loose their money or they'd all go out of business.

Firearms is a whole 'nother mess. One of the reasons most states have a law requiring the lawful owner to report loss/theft within 24 hours so the serial can get in the system and be flagged when Cracky McPawnforrocks tries to hock it.

That was just the first thing on my mind plug anything in and it still fits.

No problems here. Not sure what the difference is.
If Oakley doesnt want me to login and put $500+ bucks on my card every month, well thats their choice. If you need to proxy your purchases, or evade, then do it. Its not like the ebay ad said "stolen oakley code"
Maybe the difference lies in who the seller was (source)...

What about restitution? The shops not gonna loose their money or they'd all go out of business.

Path of restitution is small claims against the thief on the basis of misrepresentation (i.e. That they had title and ownership of the product).

Back