• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who's got both the Split Jacket and Fast Jacket? Comparisons? Preferences?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
I have a larger head....Romeo fits fine, Straight Jacket borders on too small. Considering both the Fast and Split, torn between the two and wondering about difference in fit, coverage and what people who might own both prefer and why.

Split Jacket doesn't fit much bigger than the Straight Jacket in my opinion. It's a bit taller to the brow, but it doesn't fit my face very well and leaves a large gap at the bottom and interferes with my lower peripheral vision.

Fasts are larger. Fit about the same as Flaks IIRC, but the stems are straighter and the frame is a bit wider, with taller lenses. If you have a big head the Fast would be my recommendation of the two.

Edit: This is from trying them on, I don't own them.

Straight Jacket is too small? Your head is huge. I'd be looking at Jawbones.

I have both the Fast J and Split J. With a medium sized head, they are an ok fit. Doesn't Sacremento have some O stores where you can try these on?

Straight Jacket is too small? Your head is huge. I'd be looking at Jawbones.

I have both the Fast J and Split J. With a medium sized head, they are an ok fit. Doesn't Sacremento have some O stores where you can try these on?

Yes but finding time to be anywhere but home or work is a challenge and I'm not a fan of the local stores. I've tried the Jawbones and they look horrid on me...I want something I wouldn't mind wearing out to the store for a quick shopping trip etc). I've tried on the Split Jacket and it looks MUCH better and would concur with Rustspot's comments on it vs. the Straight but I've read comments that the Fast is "equivalent to the Radar Range" in size which I thought odd because the Radar wrap annoys me, sweeps back way too far for my taste. I would hope the Fast is bigger than the Flak because I personally feel the Flak frame is too small and the fit is odd on my nose (too high)---kind of hoping the Fast is a tad bigger than the Flak with a little more wrap and larger frame width.

Might have to make a trip to try the Fast side by side with the Split.

I like the Range cut in Radars, the medium doesn't give enough coverage. I have Halfs and Flaks that are too small for me, don't need a set of Fast at twice the price :tongue:

I agree about the Flaks though, they made them wider and more coverage than the Halfs, but didn't scale up the nosebridge along with it. Shame.

I like the Range cut in Radars, the medium doesn't give enough coverage. I have Halfs and Flaks that are too small for me, don't need a set of Fast at twice the price :tongue:

I agree about the Flaks though, they made them wider and more coverage than the Halfs, but didn't scale up the nosebridge along with it. Shame.

I can get a Flak XL Black/Black w/Persimmon for $130. But, I can get a Split Black w/Sky Blue and OO BIP and HI Yellow for $150. The extra $20 for the OO is more than worth it so its really a matter of fit.

I make it a rule to not buy shades meant for wearing without trying them on. I've learned the hard way that just because they look cool doesn't mean they'll look and feel cool on me.

You Bighead Mafia have enough frames. Heck, that's 80% of what O releases. Can you let us microheads have some glasses from time to time? lol.

Back