• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Who's got two thumbs and some new R1s?

Llohr

Oakley Beginner
This guy:
fVLFRk8.jpg

Rocking the 'stache for Movember and the Romeos forever.

These arrived yesterday while I was working out of town, and the wife kindly left them boxed for me to unwrap.They came with two pairs of apparently brand new nosebombs ( they still stick to my nose hard after wearing for a few minutes, that doesn't generally last more than a day with my oily skin) new red ear socks, fairly new black ear socks, 2 gaskets, a pair of 50 t-shocks, and a pair of 75s. Just bag, no box or coin. The frames are perfect, the lenses less than, but more than good enough for daily wear. I wonder, though, whether I should get some lenses custom cut for regular use. Would original "X Metal" inscribed lenses with a few imperfections be more valuable than custom cuts?

Anyway, I immediately swapped the red ear socks out for black, and the 50s for some 25s from my own stock, and they fit perfectly. Also, in what experts are calling a modern miracle, after wearing them for half the day I removed them to find that there was NO eyebrow juice on the lenses. Apparently the little frame bump inward at the top-inside of the orbitals is enough to keep the lenses off. Further data will need to be collected to ascertain whether the miracle is valid and reproducible before the canonization process can begin.
G3lsci9.jpg

Also picked up yet another pair Juliets:
fil6ZKq.jpg

I'm less excited about that than I should be.

Congrats on the r1 :)

In regards to the original xmetal etched lens, the value of your r1 depends heavily on the existence and condition of the oem lens. Even with minor stress cracks it still would be valued more than a custom cut lens.

I would recommend you getting a set of custom cut lenses to preserve your original lenses.

Back