1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. wassaaaaaaaaaap

wassaaaaaaaaaap Oakley Beginner

I am still deciding on whether to get a pair of these. I was just wondering how many of you have pre ordered these (if that's possible). How many of you are planning to get a pair? Just curious to see how many people have already made up their minds and why.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

The beautiful people are welcome to spend $600 for 'em, but I'm not that handsome...

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

theres been 2 for sale on this forum already for less than retail if you make up your mind lol

4. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I have the PBI that I paid full price for. I will not buy the pbII, due to not having the elite status.

5. OakleyBoss84

OakleyBoss84 Oakley Collector

I got a pair coming in! I just like the PitBoss's period. What's money anyways haha

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

The new pitbosses suck ass compared to the original. They look like cheap knock-offs.

atrain likes this.
  7. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Both Pit Bosses are overpriced for what they are. You would be better off buying them when they can be had under retail price. I don't think you're going to have trouble tracking down a pair or anything.

8. OakleyBoss84

OakleyBoss84 Oakley Collector

I've always laughed when collectors say Certain Oakley's are overpriced when all other people think Oakley company is overpriced anyways

9. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

When the Pit Boss was first available some people commented they were overpriced due to the O Matter frame and the packaging was needlessly excessive, and some X Metals 'looked' more expensive by comparison. Initially limited to between 1000 and 1500 pairs, they sold out resulting in further production that also sold out. There was opinion that they had a prominent shape with considerable Titanium with a highly prolific Elite icon. After the initial three we had the Tron and Ducati limited editions, both generally well received, and the 100 pair only Indy 500 release. Personally I think the icon is the best ever on a sunglass, they were all extremely well presented in lavish boxes and it seemed a choice of having any one pair as an example of the model, or to aim for the three limited pieces, or go for the set, the latter being the option I selected. Pit Boss II images appear and the three of these mirror the same original colours (except matte becomes Polished Rootbeer), with a normal ellipse icon, and with a $600 price. I have no intention to get any of these, too similar but without the more elaborate features of the original....but even if they had the same icon and packaging, nothing significantly different. I had imagined prior to the release maybe an Elite icon in quarters, opened up to form a central cross, filled with a real piece of Carbon Fibre, something similar in appearance to an Oil Rig II. I will need one pair to have an example, but will hold out to cherry pick what is best. I imagine these will be common enough in number to wait for a good deal, but I expect they will remain the subject of comparison to the more prestigious original. Maybe if the new model had different colours, or a new unique icon, or new lenses like Copper Iridium, Pewter Iridium, or Brass Iridium Polarized, it would spark significant interest enough to see a high demand from the outset.

10. wassaaaaaaaaaap

wassaaaaaaaaaap Oakley Beginner

The only reason I am even considering buying one is because I have the opportunity to get one for $450. I wouldn't pay $600 for it but for that amount I might. Just seeing how others feel about it as part of my decision making process.