• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whose Got A Clue?

I think what they mean is that even if you had the slightest hint they were fake, you should've asked before you bought. As you said, "that's what the forum was for".

It sucks you fell for a fake for the purposes for hoping to snag something special. Use this as a lesson and don't fall for it again :smile:

Lol no I get it, wasn't a total waste cause the coin turned out to be worth some bucks. Thanks for looking out for a young collector haha!

wow thats some hostillity. I do have that many shades, more actually. Nearly 100 are Radars, Tour riders pairs etc. enough to supply a small army. Plus all the rarities both modern and vintages, name a frame and ive got it. Might i also mention that I will likely be working for oakley next summer. Anway, I also collect coins. Some idiot listed these on ebay with an old coin that I wanted...interesting combination coin and oaks, anyway I figured they were fake, but im no expert on old m-frames, one of my least favorite frames, so I figured maybe they were something id just never seen, an early attempt at a new colorway. yes I realize the lenses are obviously fake. But I figured it was worth a shot at a few other opinions. I thought thats what the forum was for.
One thing that you will learn is that most if not all members here will be weary of your collection claims until they see pictures of it...in no way are we making claims that your collection is a myth, it's just hard to believe that someone who claims to have so many pair and so much knowledge would mistake this pair for real. You say name a frame and I've got it...well you obviously don't have old M-frames which is quite a contradicting statement. Also, working for Oakley doesn't automatically make you an expert nor does it credit anything you say.... I work for Oakley myself and actually learn a lot from these members, I even envy some of their knowledge.

Point is, no one is trying to bash you. Your claims make you sound cocky and the fact you fell for such an obvious fake only creates room for banter. You shouldn't be offended or afraid to ask any questions here but when you boast such expertise you should usually try and back it up.:thumb: Sorry that you ended up with fakes and I look forward to seeing/hearing more about your collection....ESPECIALLY if it consist of that many Radars:cool:

I think it's time to start a collection thread, young man.
Another thing that this forum is for - enjoying seeing fellow collectors' stuff.

Fair enough fair enough can't argue with that. I will tell you guys that my Dad and I collect together, so some of what u will see is his, and some is mine, I will try to get to taking some pics tomorrow. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised. Here's a teaser before I hit the sac.
45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg

Attachments

• 45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 147
  • 45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 184
Fair enough fair enough can't argue with that. I will tell you guys that my Dad and I collect together, so some of what u will see is his, and some is mine, I will try to get to taking some pics tomorrow. I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised. Here's a teaser before I hit the sac.
45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
Looks like your dad has a pretty nice collection of Mag M's.

Attachments

• 45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 128
  • 45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    45f8aa23-88a5-ebbd.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 140
Back