• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why 8? Can you help?

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
S

Sc'O'user

Whilst sorting out a box of old bits and bobs a few days ago, I came across a pair of Oakleys I forgot I had, I bought these glasses about 8 to 10 years ago and thought I had lost them during a house move, I have been searching the net to try and find some information on them but can't find anything, which comes as a surprise considering the information on the arms? As you can see in the pictures in clearly states 'made in USA' 'Why 8' and even states what I assume is a product number or lense type '11-829'. Does anyone have any information on these sunglasses? I would really appreciate it if you do.
Thanks in advance advance
Steve

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Hmmm. The Why 8s are frameless and Googling that SKU brings up a list of dodgy-looking sites...

WHY 8 as far as I know (and the O-Review site0 there are only framless sunglasses. None with frames. May suggest they're fake: where did you buy them? Also when I tried the 11-829 it came up with Yardstick: which are Opthalmic frames that don't match these.

Hmmm. The Why 8s are frameless and Googling that SKU brings up a list of dodgy-looking sites...
Yeah buddy, that's all I'm getting to, have a feeling they are fake? I can't find anything that matches the sku or style. Thanks for the reply :)

WHY 8 as far as I know (and the O-Review site0 there are only framless sunglasses. None with frames. May suggest they're fake: where did you buy them? Also when I tried the 11-829 it came up with Yardstick: which are Opthalmic frames that don't match these.
Have a feeling you could be right bud (fake) I bought these on the Web years ago, can't remember what site it was it was that long ago, if I can't find anything to prove they're not fake they will be filed under B 'bin' :-( thanks for taking the time to reply buddy

I have 2 pairs of Why 8's, neither one have a sku #. 1 side says WHY 8... Other side has nothing.

Back