• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Change The Lenses??

I have a pair with Ice Iridium lenses that I had for 2 years, got multiple scratches :(

It depends on how you use it and how you take care of your oakleys. If you say that it was all marketing hype, and all are the same then why are you buying oakley?

For some reason now I'm wondering where Frenchy is, I think these two guys might get along.

Ill take oakleys anyday over ANYTHING

It depends on how you use it and how you take care of your oakleys. If you say that it was all marketing hype, and all are the same then why are you buying oakley?

By asking this are you implying that lenses are the only/primary reason you buy Oakleys? I flat out hate oakley lenses, they scratch so easy.

I've a pair of Oakley that are 15 years old, no scratches on the lenses at all. It all depends on the care you take of them. I will only fit none OEM lenses if they haven't the colour I want at Oakley or they have been discontinued. I've 3 pairs of my Dogs that have none OEM lenses in them due to the fact that Oakley didn't do the colour I wanted & also a pair of Splice that I couldn't get the Emerald lens for. Although these are good quality you can tell from the clarity that they are not OEM.

Thanks for all the replies. So for those of you who change lenses to non OEM replacements do you see a difference in the quality of clearity from the non OEM lenses? What I have noticed is on a sunny day I am still squinting and in a pair of VL for me Romeo 2's after I took them off everything had a pink haze over them which I think caused my headache.

I've got sunglasses ranging from $30 "sport" glasses to a pair of Smith's and of course all my Oakley's and I can tell you that I can easily see a difference in clarity between the cheap stuff and my Smith's and Oakley's.

By asking this are you implying that lenses are the only/primary reason you buy Oakleys? I flat out hate oakley lenses, they scratch so easy.

If you are ever having doubts about Oakley's lens quality then we advise checking this page out:

Why Buy Oakley Sunglasses

It outlines the inherent impact resistance and optical quality that just comes with Plutonite alone, not to mention the patented HD and XYZ Optics too :)

Latest Posts

Back