1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I've been building up my collection of newer stuff, but for some reason I feel the draw toward a pair of Frogs. I don't know why. They're not exactly my style, and I despise the whole "what was old is new again" movement for retro attire, especially from the 80's and 90's.

I recently added a set of Holbrooks and I must say they impress me a lot more than I thought they would in terms of comfort and wearability around town. I'm usually sporting M-Frames, Half Jackets, Flak Jackets, or my Ten.

So why do I want a pair?

Are they a smaller fit? I haven't even tried them on in my trips to the store, never really gave them a second look. My Holbrooks need to flex out a little to fit, but frames like the Jury and Jupiter are a no-go.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

For me, Frogs fit tighter than Holbrooks as i have a wider face. I feel like both flex out a bit, but not a lot. Flak jackets flex a bit too, but fit better as the arms curve. Half Jackets fit be best of what you've mentioned you own.

Since you frequent the O-Store, you might as well try on a pair there before you start searching online for a pair.

3. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Compared to holbrooks I would say frogs are smaller. They are a little tighter on the region of the arms that go behind you ears. I like them more than holbrooks but you should try them on before you buy a pair

4. KyleTheSid

KyleTheSid Oakley Enthusiast

I only have one holbrook and only want one more for a collectors reason. I have about 10 or so frogskins and there is no frame like it for me. Its my go to, my pride and joy, and i just got another 10 minutes ago so make that 11 in my collection ^.^

5. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

What you get Kyle?

6. KyleTheSid

KyleTheSid Oakley Enthusiast

My grenade fade arrived :dance3:

7. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Nice!!

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

9. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

man this is over four years old . . .

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  10. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Still topical, though.
    I've recently decided I'd like a pair, mainly due to @SoulfulFROG and his sick artistry and warped colour perception.

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.