• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do I Want A Pair Of Frogskins?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I've been building up my collection of newer stuff, but for some reason I feel the draw toward a pair of Frogs. I don't know why. They're not exactly my style, and I despise the whole "what was old is new again" movement for retro attire, especially from the 80's and 90's.

I recently added a set of Holbrooks and I must say they impress me a lot more than I thought they would in terms of comfort and wearability around town. I'm usually sporting M-Frames, Half Jackets, Flak Jackets, or my Ten.

So why do I want a pair?

Are they a smaller fit? I haven't even tried them on in my trips to the store, never really gave them a second look. My Holbrooks need to flex out a little to fit, but frames like the Jury and Jupiter are a no-go.

For me, Frogs fit tighter than Holbrooks as i have a wider face. I feel like both flex out a bit, but not a lot. Flak jackets flex a bit too, but fit better as the arms curve. Half Jackets fit be best of what you've mentioned you own.

Since you frequent the O-Store, you might as well try on a pair there before you start searching online for a pair.

Compared to holbrooks I would say frogs are smaller. They are a little tighter on the region of the arms that go behind you ears. I like them more than holbrooks but you should try them on before you buy a pair

I only have one holbrook and only want one more for a collectors reason. I have about 10 or so frogskins and there is no frame like it for me. Its my go to, my pride and joy, and i just got another 10 minutes ago so make that 11 in my collection ^.^

I only have one holbrook and only want one more for a collectors reason. I have about 10 or so frogskins and there is no frame like it for me. Its my go to, my pride and joy, and i just got another 10 minutes ago so make that 11 in my collection ^.^

What you get Kyle?

Latest Posts

Back